Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So folks,

The order is in; however since doing a little more research on the best specification (biggest bang for my buck so to speak) I've decided to amend my order. having never ordered an Audi before, nor changed specification after the initial order of a new car, I am unsure of the ramifications of said amendment. I am informed fro mthe dealer that the inital order will need to be cancelled and I shall have to reorder. Do any of you chaps have experience of this? I hope that it doesnt affect the build week too much as I am already awash with Q5 fever.

Ive ordered the following:

2.0TDI, 170Ps, 6 Speed Manual, S Line Plus in Phantom Black with PQ6, RS6 Wheels.

Extras on order already:

B&O Sound Package
Heated Seats
Tech Pack 2
Black Styling Pack

The extras I've decided to add are:

DAB Radio
Interior Light Pack
Electric Folding Mirrors

Fingers crossed the build week remains unchanged and I can enjoy the car in the coming spring.

I decided not to opt for the S Tronic. I may be missing out but I can always take note for future purchases once our other car is due for a renewal... Like an RS5

Did anyone opt for the electric mirrors? Do they auto retract etc once the car is turned on?

Thanks,
P.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi, Congrats on order. You won't be dissappointed.

We got electric/folding/dimming mirrors. You have to order electric seats if you want them (Total of £850 for the pack).

They fold in when car is locked and then fold out again when ignition is started. You have to set this on the dash computer however. This is disabled when you pick it up from dealers.

Have you been given a provisional build week yet?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I ordered the Sound Pack - it includes the B&O system AND the DAB radio is thrown in with the £600 price tag

·
Registered
122 Posts
I ordered the Sound Pack - it includes the B&O system AND the DAB radio is thrown in with the £600 price tag
Thanks for the heads up... I wonder if the dealer would of pointed that out and save me some money.

P.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi

Have you been given a build week yet? It would be interesting to see how long they are quoting.

S tronic is awesome and well worth considering!

CJHM

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the build week was week 50, but as yet I am still awaiting confirmation of this, and the extras I want in. I am slowly losing faith in the salesman who I am dealing with...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the build week was week 50, but as yet I am still awaiting confirmation of this, and the extras I want in. I am slowly losing faith in the salesman who I am dealing with...
So my little amendments are in and the build week is now week 3. With delivery around 2-4 weeks later. I CANNOT WAIT.
Hopefully my little idea of the Q5 Black edition will look sweet... watch this space. Pics when it arrives.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Worth the wait - the B&O and DAB is excellent, I'm very happy with mine. I also have the manual version like you've gone for, provides great fuel economy and hopefully more control when the snow starts falling!

Looking forward to the pics

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Worth the wait - the B&O and DAB is excellent, I'm very happy with mine. I also have the manual version like you've gone for, provides great fuel economy and hopefully more control when the snow starts falling!

Looking forward to the pics
Thanks mate,
to be honest, having never driven an S Tronic ( I test drove the manual) I really liked it. Ive always had manual so perhaps this was an auto responce to it and for a diesel, I was very impressed at how responsive the engin was in a car of this size, that and the illusion that perhaps the car felt close ratio. who knows.

I really cant wait. I've taken a bit of advice from general posts on here and responses to my posts. It's been great to get owner feedback on it. I'm happy with the build week, my intension was always to pick it up in march anyway for the 12 registrations ( coinciding with the wifes birthday also... funny that huh)

I'll definitely post up some pics... Some will love it, others will not, but the main thing is I'm happy with it. I loved the S3 black edition, so this is a little homeage to it.
Against advice I am still planning on going with getting the wheels treated. I've found a place that can chemically treat them and give them a DLC (Diamond Like Carbon) finish, which will hopefully come out looking like a dark charcoal. they can do the same to the running boards should I get them, however they'll be aftermarket...

All i need to do now is order a spare wheel, a boot liner and a jack for the boards if I get them and I'm set.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
All i need to do now is order a spare wheel, a boot liner and a jack for the boards if I get them and I'm set.
If you're talking about the collapsible spare be careful. When I bought mine the spare was £110 when ordered with the car and something like £500 when ordered after the event.

·
Banned
842 Posts
Check out my reply on the other boot liner thread. Theres a company on ebay that sells them for £15 and they are excellent quality. No where near the £150 some places want!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Pseudonym,

What's the build week for yours? I placed mine at the end of November and still haven't got a build week. Whats the usual lag time between placing the order and getting the build week. The dealer said end of March 2012 delivery. Just wanted to know what others experiences were? Thnx...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Pseudonym,

What's the build week for yours? I placed mine at the end of November and still haven't got a build week. Whats the usual lag time between placing the order and getting the build week. The dealer said end of March 2012 delivery. Just wanted to know what others experiences were? Thnx...
That looks about right - I ordered at the beginning of November and have got a week 6 build date - delivery 1st week in March 2012

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So... The car is built and awaiting a berth to come cross channel and be picked up by me. Well on track for the 1st of march. First road trip wit hthe wife is a weekend in York with my bro and his wife. Will keep an eye on the MPG

Cannot wait!

Reactions: Dogzyboy
1 - 16 of 16 Posts