Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my new car in March and given a date of 1st September for delivery. Car arrived two months early and took delivery today.

I have changed from a 10 plate Q5 3.0 tdi SE so not new to the car but it feels faster than the old one and some subtle changes for the better.

Old car was Meteor Grey and new car is Ice Silver with privacy glass and it looks very different. I did like the Meteor but wanted a change after 113,000 miles of happy and trouble free motoring. I was tempted by an SQ5 but couldnt justify the price and tax bill but still very happy with the standard 3.0 ltr tdi, its no slouch.

Spec on the new car is similar to the last one things the same over standard SE spec are

B & O system
DAB
Heated Front Sport Seats
Towbar
AMI

Extras on new car are

Leather & Alcantara fabric on seats
Heated Rear Seats
Storage Pack
Rear Seat Plus

Only done 66 miles since collecting it and the only noticable difference is that the DAB reception is much better. I didn't used to get a very good signal on some of the road to work but today it never lost the signal once.

Car feels faster and smoother gear changes but not that different. Leather and Alcantara seats are very nice and feel that bit more special than leather.

Some photos to follow.

·
Still Game
4,617 Posts
Good to hear you had 113,000 trouble free miles and hope you have as many smiles with the new car.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Congrats. Similar to what I am getting, also with alcantara leather. Tell us about your fuel consumption and what colour did you go for. There is a poll on colour in the General section. Ordered mine on 8 June. Hope to get a build date next week.

·
Registered
700 Posts
well done daddydave, hope you enjoy your new car happy motoring, it will take some time to clock up the same amount of miles thou, hope you enjoy the additional spec and changes.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wow, that's quite a mileage! I remember just a few years ago when I used to do 50k a year. I always quickly knew a good car from a bad on those long journeys. Very comforting that you've chosen he car for a second time. Any tips you can share?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the positive posts. Been raining up here in Scotland so not taken any photos yet, maybe tomorrow. Driving down to Cheshire tomorrow for a couple of days so see how the new car performs on a longer journey. So far loving the Alcantara just hope it stays clean after all the miles I do. Heading to Birmingham next week so it should be well run in by then. There is nothing I regret ordering or not ordering, DAB is much better than the last one and B & O just as good.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hope your enjoying your new Q5. My build week was last week so hopefully not long now.

Did you get the roof bars included for MY14 as I'm sure another thread was suggesting they weren't included on MY14??

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My car actually ended up being a 2013 model so came with the roof bars as standard but also came with DAB radio even though I was told it would be a 2014 model and I didn't need to order DAB. I am happy with the car as it is and it is proving to be more economic than the last car. Now done 1450 miles and averaging over 35 to the gallon, over 500 miles to a tank. I only managed to get about 475 miles to a tank interest last car. It's all been motorway miles so no stop star tadvantage. Has anyone else noticed that the front brake callipers have changed from early models, they look much bigger with a bleed nipple on the top.

Good luck with your necklace car when it comes Q5loon

·
Registered
343 Posts
I agree about DAB being much better - ours switches between DAB and FM very smoothly when the DAB signal drops out, much better than previous cars we've had and got with a factory fitted DAB

·
Registered
348 Posts
Good luck waiting for delivery; tends to make you drink more alcohol to pass the days

we'll see your pics soon !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts