Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to get paper work sorted out today at dealer and before i went in thought i would pop in to compound at the rear of the garage to have a look at my new car.found it sitting there with my number on it and thought i would have a quick look,as i walked around it all looked great and then wife had a look in side of it and said this is a manual gearbox,i thought she was joking so laughed and had a look myself and guess what it was.after picking my chin up off the ground went in to the garage and asked the sales man if that was my car with my number on it and he said yes it is she's looking good.i said it is but pitty it's a manual instead of an s tronic.he looked at me and thought i was joking untill i said no i am being serious,he then started to run about to find all the correct paper work to check it out,after a few discussions and checking there seems to be an error somewhere.so we got an apology and told they will have to look in to it and get back to me.salesman had a quick look and told me they could change build spec on one getting built on week 22 but he will have to see what went wrong first,so left garage tonight gutted

·
Registered
249 Posts
Not great but you can drive round in that car whilst you wait for the replacement, two new cars in less than six months. Also see if you can add a couple of extra features to the new car FOC to make up for the inconvenience.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Oops , it is possible for one to sue. How can they get it wrong , where is all the so called quality control

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
How can you sue for something you don't have?

I'm with the dealer - they need to look at where the error happened, be that the paper work signed by the purchasing party, the order entry clerk, the factory or anything in-between...

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Unfortunate situation,hopefully the lend u an equivalent lend,while they sort the error 😄

·
Registered
103 Posts
Happened to my Dad on a Jag years ago. They let him drive round in the "wrong" car until the correct car arrived and shoved a case of wine in the boot of the correct car when he collected it.

With the way Jags depreciate, it probably cost them thousands for the two months he had it!

Reactions: ?? SQ-BEAST ??

·
Registered
814 Posts
When I eventually signed my purchase order, I read back thru it for tenth time, before handing it over,then realised...
it didn;t state anywhere Automatic or Manual
When I pointed this out to sales rep, she said 'there' pointing to the word S-tronic.
It was my first Audi, and wouldn't have had a clue if it had said trip-tronic or whatever the manual version is.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just as well I did go and have a look before doing all paper work as I was due to collect it on Monday and it's not been registerd yet.there is no suggesting of me using that car they have told me to keep my car at the moment.will have to wait till Monday or Tuesday till they get back to me.I will have to change number plates on my one as number has been changed to new car and it is due road tax end of may.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I should insist they keep the spare wheel in the current one on hold for the new one :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dealer called this morning apologising again about yesterday to tell me he has already order another car for me build week 21 and has some free bees in it,so should have it for end of may start of june.as being a bank holiday has to wait till Tuesday to see what happened to the last order.but in the end they have sorted it out and we can all make mistakes, salesman has done is best in the end to get it sorted.roll on june

·
Registered
116 Posts
what kind of freebies did you get

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
got parking system plus upgraded to parking system advanced.full tank of fuel.rubber mats, paint protection and there is going to be other things he told me,will have to wait and see better than nothing

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Sounds like they've looks after u @ least 😄

1 - 17 of 17 Posts