Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
A few pics taken on day 2 of ownership.

I really love this car. Looks fantastic.

Attachments

·
Registered
963 Posts
Thanks Kaine

It's alot better than the RRS Kaine! It's more comfortable, more economical, quicker, quieter, cheaper to run, the technology is light years ahead of the RRS. B&O rocks!

It's a very nice place to be
And I love my inlays!

Ok it will never go offroad like an RRS can with offroad tyres fitted.......but then I never went off road anyway on my road tyres! Couldn't risk the damage.......if I wanted to do that I'd get an old LR Defender.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Hoggy!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Very nice Josh!

Loving those carbon Inlays
They really are the dog's wotsits!!

HaHa, photos of car exterior - 1, photos of carbon Inlays - 5

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice Josh!

Loving those carbon Inlays
They really are the dog's wotsits!!

HaHa, photos of car exterior - 1, photos of carbon Inlays - 5
Well I thought you all knew what the outside looked like

·
Registered
60 Posts
Lovely! Love the carbon inlays, I was tempted to take them on mine, but was concrened the cabin would then be too dark - I was wrong!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's a shame Audi couldn't put a decent picture of the options in the brochure.
The pin head of the carbon doesn't do it justice as it doesn't show the aluminium edging which matches with the rest. I was really hoping it would be edged in Alum like the other wood veneers......so I'm

·
Registered
90 Posts
Josh,

I think you have identified the No1 option that people didn't order but now wish they had!!

Strange thing is I have fitted several 'bling' carbon bits to my son's motocross bike that tears around in the mud, but never gave a serious thought to how they would look in my Q5 interior, DOH!!

I must admit I have always liked the contrast of the brushed aluminium with a dark interior, but after seeing your pics I really am envious.

Great choice

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just picked it up having had it's Venture Shield applied. Took nearly 4 days to do. They've done a really good job.

Popped back via the Dealer. They were impressed too. Can't tell it's there.

So time to start enjoying it now

·
Registered
19 Posts
Josh

What sort of cost was the paint protection?

Have you tried out the drive select yet? Does it make any difference?!
I guess your car's got the sports suspension as expected?

And did you get the B&O audio? Is it (and DAB) worth it?

Questions, questions!!!

Cheers.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Josh

What sort of cost was the paint protection?

Have you tried out the drive select yet? Does it make any difference?!
I guess your car's got the sports suspension as expected?

And did you get the B&O audio? Is it (and DAB) worth it?

Questions, questions!!!

Cheers.
Hi Keen,

My custom cut Venture Shield install was ?1600. Full frontal and bonnet as far as the doors (edges wrapped as well), A pillars, wing mirrors, bottoms of doors/sills as far as the crease, rear wheel arch section, boot lip, inside doors sills and the top of the inside wheel arch. Very neat job took virtually 4 days.
***There are other companies out there who will do the full frontal and boot lip for about ?800. But I've never tried them. I've stuck to whom I know and trust.

Drive select - I'm still playing with so it's a little early for me to give an outright opinion on value for money. I had something similar on my RRS on the suspension front - but no control over it. It's definately got a different suspension set up to the standard.
But initial thoughts given that I've had a 3.0 SE with normal suspension on loan......yes it definately makes a difference to the handling. The steering on dynamic is very noticeable.....miles better
Give me a little longer to play and report.
The other thing is that the extra buttons fill those plastic blanks that you get that make it look as though something is missing.

Keyless door entry/engine start etc

B&O is very very good and I love the DAB. It's also visually pleasing and makes the ambience of the cockpit much better.

I have to say that I have no regrets on anything I ordered. The car is very impressive especially with the 3.0 tdi. I don't think I could have lived with a 2.0 tdi...but then it is hard to down size engines. Sometimes wish I'd added the TPMS.....but then you have to stop somewhere

I'd also like to thank everyone on here who helped me with my decisions. Took a lot of stress out of the ordering process.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did I forget the CF.........

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A tad lol!

Drove tonight in the dark for first time......it's like a Christmas tree inside with the light package.......very cool!

·
Registered
294 Posts
CF rocks Josh but at over ?1k personally I just can't justify it.

Still can't be many Q5's with it though - nice colour too!

One questions though - where did you get your mats?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
CF rocks Josh but at over ?1k personally I just can't justify it.

Still can't be many Q5's with it though - nice colour too!

One questions though - where did you get your mats?
Thanks

The mats I found on eBay by chance, sold by Stafford Audi. They are OEM so should be available through any Audi parts. But I did get them at a very good price ?50 ish for front and back. I have a feeling normal price is circa ?80-?90

1 - 20 of 22 Posts