Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I took delivery of my 5 month old Q5 2.0 TDi (177) Automatic Sline Plus last week. My first Audi and automatic.
Loving every minute of it. 5k miles when purchased. additional interior lighting pack and heated seats.....and audi fitted swivel towbar! (I have a caravan so this was a big deal to me)

Glad to be reading these forums as on Saturday it will be going in to get checked for the following
Knocking from the front end (this forum would point me towards the torsion bar)
13 pin towbar electrics - no power in caravan for fridge (also discussed on the forum)

Will keep you posted :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Welcome buddy. There are guys on here that know everything you need to know lol.... Very knowledgeable people

·
Registered
433 Posts
Nelly,

What was the total cost of getting Audi to fit your tow bar? I am looking to install mine myself but the wiring and recoding will have to be done by third party hence the cost option may be to stick with Audi.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi DieselDoug
My Q5 actually came with the towbar..it was a dealer demo so not sure of the price. I have seen prices ranging from £1500 to £2000 on the forums for an Audi fitted aftermarket towbar. Thats why I jumped at this oppotunity.

Cheers

·
Registered
433 Posts
Nellymcl,
Thanks for the reply I phoned the dealer and the quoted around 1500 to supply and fit the Audi tow bar which is good as it swivels out of the way. I will opt for the detachable total I can do this for is around 500 Mark all in, I wish I taken the tow bar during the ordering process, will do it the next time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update

The 'knocking' was a heat shield hitting the steering column. All sorted under warranty :)
The 13 pin electrics is a different matter. As there are no cables to the caravan power this is not warranty and we are awaiting sales advising if they will 'foot the bill' to have it added.

N

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Phone call from the dealer and the towing electrics will be sorted. No quibbles, no arguments....great service.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts