Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening everyone, hoping to purchase my first Audi Q5 this weekend which is a 2010 S line special edition.
Any pointers on what to lookout for upon inspection would be most welcome 🤗

Thanks Si

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Si, Welcome to the forum ☺

What engine are you going for and what’s the mileage?

As a rule of thumb make sure the car has been serviced at the correct intervals and in particular if it’s an auto as the earlier cars had issues with the mecatronic unit. Also make sure to do a full online check on the car.

Reactions: Wilko

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Si, Welcome to the forum ☺

What engine are you going for and what’s the mileage?

As a rule of thumb make sure the car has been serviced at the correct intervals and in particular if it’s an auto as the earlier cars had issues with the mecatronic unit. Also make sure to do a full online check on the car.
Thanks for your reply Steve it’s much appreciated.
The model I’ve gone for is a 2.0 TDI manual 168bhp with 124,000 on the clock….. need to confirm when the cambelt and water pump were changed……… is it every 5 years?
It’s listed as having two former keepers and a full service history, plus the garage is completing a service prior to my viewing.
I will ensure an online check is completed any recommendations on who to use?

Thanks Si

·
Registered
36 Posts
No worries! ☺

Yes I believe cambelt/water pump every 5 years or 75K miles. As it has full service history it will be easy to confirm when the next change is needed and if it’s due or close and if so I would negotiate them doing it for you as part of the sale.

I use carvertical.com for my checks as they are very thorough!

Reactions: Wilko

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No worries! ☺

Yes I believe cambelt/water pump every 5 years or 75K miles. As it has full service history it will be easy to confirm when the next change is needed and if it’s due or close and if so I would negotiate them doing it for you as part of the sale.

I use carvertical.com for my checks as they are very thorough!
Thanks for your support 👍🏻

·
Premium Member
Ordered: Q5 55 tfsi e Competition, all boxes ticked, Navarra Blue
188 Posts
You need to make sure that the Haldex has had regular oil changes and as a minimum the filter has been cleaned.

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
2,174 Posts
Welcome to the forum (y) :cool: Hope your Q5 purchase this weekend goes well!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for the welcome message.
I viewed the vehicle this afternoon and after running a full vehicle check I have secured with a deposit! 🤩
Managed to knock them down from £8.5k to £7.9k which included limo tinting of the rear windows and tinting of the rear light lenses.

one happy chap looking forward to collection Wednesday next week 👍🏻

Thanks Si

1 - 11 of 11 Posts