Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
G'day everyone!

We just ordered our first Audi ever and just want to say hello. Looking forward to be a part of the Audi community!

Q5 3.0TFSI in Cuvee Silver
Beige pistachio seats
Truffle-Beige dashboard

19" alloys
Adaptive Cruise Control
Adaptive headlights
Audi Drive Select
B&O sound system
Comfort seats with cimate control
Convenience/Advanced key
Climate controlled cup holder

Door mirrors electrically folding, anti-glare
Lighting package
MMI navigation plus
Panomaric sunroof
Parking System Advanced
Powered tailgate
Rear bench seats plus
Rear Side Airbags
Storage package
Tyre monitoring display
Xenon Plus

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Welcome aboard! Nice spec!

Reactions: Q5zilla

·
Registered
768 Posts
Welcome, hope you enjoy your Q5 as much as I do. Your interior sounds great.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Welcome from a new to Audi member as well.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Welcome aboard 😄

·
Registered
120 Posts
Loving the sound of that interior. I really wanted a pale interior but couldn't have that and the s line spec. Same with both my Q7's. Not that i'm complaining, mind. Next time though, i'm going to get the interior i want and tweak everything possible with vagcom.

·
Registered
706 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi missile,

I work in Dubai, UAE where 3-4 months could mean pretty much anything! I hope its not too far off the mark. There is option to track the shipment either
Hi

I work just up the road from you in Doha. I bought the wife a Q5 (delivered early Sept) in the UK. But I like it so much I am thinking of getting one for myself in Qatar. I am currently driving a Landcruiser VXR but the Q5 is so much nicer to drive. One issue I have is that if I buy in Qatar the only choice you have is colour as they tend to sell a set configuration. If you want to spec the car yourself they are looking for about 75% payment up front. Is Dubai similar ?

Also, what made you decide on the Q5 rather than the Q7. As you'd know, a large size of car really isn't an issue in the Gulf.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi

I work just up the road from you in Doha. I bought the wife a Q5 (delivered early Sept) in the UK. But I like it so much I am thinking of getting one for myself in Qatar. I am currently driving a Landcruiser VXR but the Q5 is so much nicer to drive. One issue I have is that if I buy in Qatar the only choice you have is colour as they tend to sell a set configuration. If you want to spec the car yourself they are looking for about 75% payment up front. Is Dubai similar ?

Also, what made you decide on the Q5 rather than the Q7. As you'd know, a large size of car really isn't an issue in the Gulf.
I have a Volvo XC90 7 seater already. I chose the Q5 because I want a bit of zip and didnt want to splash out for an S-Line Q7 (3.0FSI 333HP). I went for custom spec as Audi Dubai had run out of stock for the Q5 and the new shipment was roughly the same wait period (a bit of a no brainer for me). I paid 10% for the custom order which is less of a daylight robbery compared to 75% (OMG!)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Welcome to the fourm mate I'm sure you will find it very useful. Have lots of family out in Dubai and Doha too and they love their Q5s and Q7s (Yes they have both!!).

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Pics!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It took a lot longer than expected (its been raining then dusty and more rain in Dubai), but here are the pics of my new love! Cuvee Silver 3.0T

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Nice! I do like that colour!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Looking great, thanks for sharing...

·
Registered
194 Posts
She is gorgeous. enjoy her. Bit rainy here to so paintwork getting mucky a little bit....

·
Registered
134 Posts
She is gorgeous. enjoy her. Bit rainy here to so paintwork getting mucky a little bit....
I think more like monsoon here in the Uk

Cars looks great, don't see too many in that colour and with cost of fuel you are on to a winner

Welcome also from a new forum member

1 - 20 of 21 Posts