Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
We've had the car for over six months, Audi Q5 2011, used with 15,000 miles, and a smell of the fluids is coming through the AC vents and becomes more acute when the air is cool. I took it to the dealer and this young tech did not find anything wrong with the AC. I smell it even when I am close to the car early in the morning. They told me that sometimes the oil caps are left dirty and the smell comes through. I cannot tel if it is a transmition, brakes fluid or other smell, but the smell is there. Has anyone ever had this problem? Ever since I bought it I thought it smelled funny, but I though it was the leather.Can something as easy as putting is recycle air solve this problem? I shouldn't have to do this to avoid the smell. Thank you.

·
Registered
433 Posts
There should be no smells coming into the car from the engine bay unless you have a leakage somewhere. The most probable cause will be to change the pollen filter as I have seen them get very dirty, more so if following a cattle float or fish truck...
I hope you find the answer to the smells.
Doug

·
Registered
289 Posts
Is the car petrol or diesel?

You describe being able to smell the smell in the morning. Is it stronger at the rear or at the front of the car.

Do you carry any fluids in the boot of the car (spare oil or washer fluid etc)

Does the smell fade away after a few miles of driving?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts