Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ordered my first Audi and am looking for some advice as to which optional extras are worth fitting.

I know it's partly down to the individual but what are the best optional extras to have?

My order is:

New Audi Q5 2.0TDI Quattro S-Line Plus S-Tronic 177PS
Colour: Phantom Black
Options: Heated Front Seats, Dark Wheels, Band & Olufsen, Reverse Floor Mat, Black Styling Pack, Folding Door Mirrors

I am also looking at fitting running bars.

I just don't to pick up my Audi and think "damn I wish I had fitted this/that"

My current car is a manual but have gone for an automatic this time as after reading about the Q5 gearbox i feel it would be a much smoother ride, is this a wise choice?

Thanks

·
Banned
2,240 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, I have downloaded the accessories brochure and there are a quite a few bits in there i would like.

There should be plenty of time to change things as my car build date is week 50 of the year.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so here's the extras i'm thinking of adding from looking through some of the threads on here:

• Hill hold assist
  • Tyre pressure indicator
  • Luggage Compartment Liner Rigid
  • Premium Textile Front Carpet Mats
  • Audio Entertainment Mobile - Single Player Package
  • Rear Acoustic Parking
  • Interior Light Package
  • High Beam Assist

·
Registered
706 Posts
I know its a matter of personal choice but I think chrome makes the car look classy and would not spend money on dark wheels and black styling on a black car. Just thinking of risidual values.

Reactions: Snow Man

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I quite liked the look of the black styling package, when i first configured the car and chose this it showed the front grill as being black but now it doesn't so i've popped an email off to the dealer to clarfiy this, I am working in Nigeria at present so plenty of emails to and fro.

I see you have the "bench seat plus" what are the advantages of this?

Thanks

·
Banned
289 Posts
Ok so here's the extras i'm thinking of adding from looking through some of the threads on here:

• Hill hold assist
  • Tyre pressure indicator
  • Luggage Compartment Liner Rigid
  • Premium Textile Front Carpet Mats
  • Audio Entertainment Mobile - Single Player Package
  • Rear Acoustic Parking
  • Interior Light Package
  • High Beam Assist
If you've ordered S-Line Plus, I don't think you need Rear Acoustic Parking (unless you mean the parking advanced with the camera).

I am unsure what "Audio Entertainment Mobile - single player package" actually is?

Finally, the car is delivered with mats... what is the advantage of the "premium textile" mats?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you've ordered S-Line Plus, I don't think you need Rear Acoustic Parking (unless you mean the parking advanced with the camera).

I am unsure what "Audio Entertainment Mobile - single player package" actually is?

Finally, the car is delivered with mats... what is the advantage of the "premium textile" mats?
Thanks for the advice,

I was under the impression that the "rear acoustic parking" was an audible alarm. It was more for my wife than me

The "Audio Entertainment Mobile - single player package" Includes one detachable 9'' display with integrated DVD player
that can be used inside for mounting of the backrest of the front seats or outside of the car. Easy connection of storage
devices due to SD card slot, Bluetooth Interface, USB slot, CD/DVD-Drive and AV-IN/OUT. Comes with remote control,
battery for 2.5 hours external playing time, charging adapter, table stand, carry case for player and accessories,
headphones and operating instructions. In combination with factory-fitted Audi Entertainment mobile (9WM) or
retro-fitted Audi Entertainment mobile

This one was more for my 3 year old son to keep him occupied on any long journeys, we have a dvd player for in the car but it's a bit cumbersome and fiddly trying to strap it to the headrest.

I'll maybe ditch the Premium Textile Front Carpet Mats if it comes with decent mats.

Still swithering on some other extras.

I've only driven the Q5 for about 5 minutes, maybe i need another test drive to decide what other extra i should go for. It was between the Q5 and the VW Touraeg Altitude.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Bench seat plus allows either portion of the 2 rear seats to move back and forward by up to 4 inches. In reality it is forward by 4 inches allowing more boot space and less rear leg room.

Audi's explanation below.

More variability, greater comfort: the rear seat bench plus enables you to increase the volume of the luggage compartment by simply sliding the rear bench forwards.

The position of the rear seat bench plus can be adjusted lengthways by up to 100 millimetres: depending on your needs, you can maximise comfort for the rear passengers by increasing their knee room or you can enlarge the luggage compartment volume. A load-through hatch allows you to stow bulky objects such as skis. And the rear seats are additionally equipped with a folding central armrest with two drink holders.

Another standard feature of the rear seat bench plus is the manually adjustable backrest, which allows the rear passengers to adjust the backrest angle for improved comfort. The backrest release function allows you to fold down the rear seat bench using a lever in the side trim of the luggage compartment. For even greater variability, the rear backrest can be asymmetrically split (60:40).

·
Banned
289 Posts
Thanks for the advice,

I was under the impression that the "rear acoustic parking" was an audible alarm. It was more for my wife than me
Luckily (for your wife), the S Line Plus trim level comes with audible parking sensors on both the front and rear of the car.

Reactions: Tricky

·
Banned
289 Posts
Another standard feature of the rear seat bench plus is the manually adjustable backrest, which allows the rear passengers to adjust the backrest angle for improved comfort. The backrest release function allows you to fold down the rear seat bench using a lever in the side trim of the luggage compartment. For even greater variability, the rear backrest can be asymmetrically split (60:40).
I think those features are standard - even without rear seat bench plus... Could someone confirm this?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bench seat plus allows either portion of the 2 rear seats to move back and forward by up to 4 inches. In reality it is forward by 4 inches allowing more boot space and less rear leg room.

Audi's explanation below.

More variability, greater comfort: the rear seat bench plus enables you to increase the volume of the luggage compartment by simply sliding the rear bench forwards.

The position of the rear seat bench plus can be adjusted lengthways by up to 100 millimetres: depending on your needs, you can maximise comfort for the rear passengers by increasing their knee room or you can enlarge the luggage compartment volume. A load-through hatch allows you to stow bulky objects such as skis. And the rear seats are additionally equipped with a folding central armrest with two drink holders.

Excellent, i'll be adding that to the list.

Does it move rearwards to create more legroom or is it just a way for creating more boot space?

I have 3 kids, one of which is 14 years old so he will be in the middle seat when we go anywhere as a family so the idea of being able to create more legroom for him sounds great.

I just want to make sure i get all i want prior to the car being manufactured, any other tips greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi Tricky,

Black styling pack looks cool, especially with silver alloys. (See below) Go for it!

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Tricky,

Black styling pack looks cool, especially with silver alloys. (See below) Go for it!
Thanks for the photos, that looks great imo.

To think i almost bought a Touareg Altitude, then when i was informed that my Q5 was goiing to take up to 3 months longer then first estimated I almost bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee S-Limited.

Question: Is the hill hold assist still required for an automatic?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the photos, that looks great imo.

To think i almost bought a Touareg Altitude, then when i was informed that my Q5 was goiing to take up to 3 months longer then first estimated I almost bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee S-Limited.

Question: Is the hill hold assist still required for an automatic?
+1 black styling pack. For me the Q5 has too much chrome, but it's all personal taste.

I've spec'd the HHA on my S Tronic - I guess it's a nice to have but at £65 it seemed really good value. Lots of +ive comments re HHA on this site.

Reactions: Tricky

·
Banned
2,240 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 20 Posts