Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I bought my 4th Q5 this weekend and i am excited.

I started this trek when i bought my 2012 3.2 Daytona Gray.. I loved this car alot but when the 13 came out , I had to have all the new features , like the LED change to the head and taillights and the new Nav and streaming audio really was important.

I quickly found out that the 2013 had a steering issue which drove me nuts and I upgraded with some help from Audi to a 2013 with ADS and the drive select allowed me to tighten the wheel for a much improved ride.. I have been super happy with my 13 until friday when I saw the SQ5..

I strolled into my Audi Dealer and saw an Estoril Blue SQ5 and nearly lost my mind. My 2013's were both Glacier White and I was ready for a change into something a bit more radical.

Of course I test drove it and before long realized that for not that much more money than a loaded Q5 3.0 you can have a much more powerful more tweaked out SQ5.. I opted for the 21's after aggravating a day or so whether or not the 21's would be nicer than the stock SQ5 20's. I also fell in love with the carbon inlays as that is not an option on Q5's.

Today is my first real day with her so I am going to take it out and give her a workout. I will take some nice photos and post them later tonight.

If anyone has any ideas how to fix the front license plate destruction on this baby let me know. I will send some photos as well of what they did when they installed the NJ plate holder. Gotta love NJ.. Whats really odd is i am not worried about the 4 screw holes, its the huge oval opening in the center where a positioning pin on the back of the bracket slides in. The hole is about 3/4 tall and 1/2 wide. I don't know if there was a plug in there that they knocked out or how they made that oval hole. Bottom line is unlike my 2012 which has a removable plate holder section and I changed it in 5 mins with a PA plate kit and it was gorgeous. The SQ5 grill is all one piece and i don't see a way to make it clean without spending 800 on a new grill which I am not going to do

Craig

·
Banned
2,240 Posts

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Also, does the TFSI have the sound actuator? I'm assuming you have ADS based on your comments...
I saw on another forum a pic of the ADS settings on an SQ5 than included the 'Engine Sound' option but I couldn't work out if it was a TDI or TFSI variant...

Thanks!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Welcome to the forum Craig, we are all waiting for specs and answers to weather its a Diesel or Petrol ? all the best dont forget the pics !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Guys, Thank you for the warm welcome !

Yes as we say here, Gasoline (Petrol).. No TDI in the US and i am not sure if they are going to do it. Just FYI, if there was a TDI , i would have bought it in one second flat

So the ADS is different than my 2013 3.0 Q5 with ADS..

I had 3 options on the 13 - Engine/Steering/Suspension

On the SQ5 I have 3 options - Engine/Steering/Exhaust Sound

The exhaust sound option is fun and definitely makes it louder and rumble more but i really miss the suspension settings. Not sure why they got rid of it but im assuming that this new suspension for the S as we know its lowered 1.25 inches it must be setup to not be able to be changed.

I wonder if putting it in sport does anything to suspension but i think not.

Over the next few days i will have pics and also i hope to have a sound byte with and without the exhaust sound on

Thanks
Craig

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Interesting, the suspension is lowered question is a good one as there are a lot of people who have test driven the TFSI in the last few days on audiworld.com that claim the US spec is NOT lowered the 30mm our Euro spec is...
If it is lowered then as you say, they did not fit the adaptive dampers in place of the tweaked traditional sports suspension. Most people agree the ride is firm but very acceptable.

Defo want to hear the different from the TDI with the sound actuator on...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Wow 3 cars in 2 years ?

Congrats Craig, What's the power output and 0-60, the same at 5.1 Sec i would assume ... Definitely want to hear the the sound of the petrol SQ5 now

Enjoy....

Reactions: ray.afzal

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Wow 3 cars in 2 years ?

Congrats Craig, What's the power output and 0-60, the same at 5.1 Sec i would assume ... Definitely want to hear the the sound of the petrol SQ5 now

Enjoy....
The SQ5 petrol is powered by Audi's 3.0-litre supercharged V6, which develops 349bhp and 470Nm of torque.

Performance for the new Q5 range-topper in the US is decent, with the SQ5 sprinting from 0-62mph in 5.3 seconds and on to a top speed of 155mph.

Thanks to its 650Nm of torque, the 309bhp 3.0-litre diesel Audi SQ5 sold in Europe takes 0.2 seconds less to complete the benchmark 0-62mph sprint, taking 5.1 seconds. It also hits a top speed of 155mph.

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/audi/q5/62209/349bhp-audi-sq5-revealed#ixzz2b8avUeOj

·
Registered
292 Posts
Cheers Jose, So thats 260kw, nice figures

Still cant wait to get my hands on that Diesel

·
Registered
26 Posts
Interesting, the suspension is lowered question is a good one as there are a lot of people who have test driven the TFSI in the last few days on audiworld.com that claim the US spec is NOT lowered the 30mm our Euro spec is...
If it is lowered then as you say, they did not fit the adaptive dampers in place of the tweaked traditional sports suspension. Most people agree the ride is firm but very acceptable.

Defo want to hear the different from the TDI with the sound actuator on...
Hi, looking at some pictures on another American Audi site the US SQ5 is not lowered, the gap between tyre and wing is huge like on the
Q5. I cant imagine why they do not lower it may be the rough roads in the US.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
The blurb on the linked article mentions that its lowered...
I saw that too, but the article is quite old... And look at the arch gap in the pic, definitely not lowered. And other pics I've seen of actual delivered ones have a huge arch gap too...

·
Registered
877 Posts
I saw that too, but the article is quite old... And look at the arch gap in the pic, definitely not lowered. And other pics I've seen of actual delivered ones have a huge arch gap too...
Yes I take your point. Would be interesting to know, as you've said...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts