Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
My first 'mod' was to upgrade the MMI software & Maps to the 2017 version (the car came with no maps at all). I followed a guide online and got the whole thing completed in around 30 mins. I have the Maps running from an SD card instead of a DVD:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Secondly I added the Tune2Air AMI Bluetooth adapter so I could stream my iPhone podcasts/music and use the MMI & Steering Control to change tracks and display track information etc. This works great, and although the pic below shows it on the MMI as 'Tune2Air' (which looks a bit naff) it now shows 'Nick's iPhone' there instead which looks a bit more stock.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The next job was to replace the (albeit mildly) scratched centre console for a brand new one. This was a fairly big job and involves the whole centre console coming out but it's easy enough to do and only took an hour or so to do on my own. I could do it in half the time now I know how to do it:

While I was at it I treated myself to a tray for the centre console too, only a tenner from Amazon but looks better I think:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Great set of updates. Your car looks in good condition, do you mind if I ask the mileage?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Still Game
4,681 Posts
There are two schools of thought on how best to replace these bulbs. I will be interested to see which method you use

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got the fogs installed today, I went through the arch liners which was really easy. The whole process takes only a few minutes per side this way. The only fiddly bit is one of the bolts that is a bit tricky to get back into the correct place when putting it back together. I had the same trouble both sides with the same bolt but got there in the end!

Before:

·
Registered
597 Posts
Agreed they look 100 times better. When I replaced my interior Leds (The same as you have fitted) Thanks to Rappy :).

In the right environment/ Fog. Halogens actually produce more useable light than Leds.

For that reason alone, mine are staying. I hate the look of them though :-(.

Rappy

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks

Yeah true, there is probably a reason the rally car lights have yellow lenses. I imagine the new LED fogs won't be as effective, this is purely an aesthetics mod!

This isn't really thread worthy but I made full use of my Halfords trade card earlier and bought some car cleaning stuff. First time in (at least) 5 years that I've actually cleaned my own car!

I went 'all out' with the 2 bucket method, grit guards, lambswool mat, the lot! My previous 2 cars were black and I always took them to the local £2.50 hand wash, but they were absolutely covered in swirl marks so I've decided to take more care with the Q5

I was advised to get some CarPlan Demon Shine too, first time I have ever used it and I'm glad I did. Spray it over the panels before you dry the car, then rub down with a microfibre cloth, that's it. No streaks whatsoever and it looks like its just been machine polished!

Shame about the rain though

·
Registered
597 Posts
Looking great!!!.

Good choice of products.

A big fan of Megs products & not as much time now. But have over 20 yrs detailing experience.

Get yourself a Megs Clay bar kit & ULW & UQW between washes.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Rappy.

·
Registered
2020 Macan S - Volcano Grey
429 Posts
Looking great!!!.

Good choice of products.

A big fan of Megs products & not as much time now. But have over 20 yrs detailing experience.

Get yourself a Megs Clay bar kit & ULW & UQW between washes.

Rappy.
I also like Megs products, but for the uninitiated, what do ULW and UQW stand for??

Cheers, Allan

·
Registered
309 Posts

This isn't really thread worthy but I made full use of my Halfords trade card earlier and bought some car cleaning stuff. First time in (at least) 5 years that I've actually cleaned my own car!

I'm in the same boat RE washing the SQ5 when I get it. Since I'm getting it ceramic coated, I figure I should at least try and take better care than the local £5 mob.

Out of interest, how much did all the kit and consumables you got cost? (I already have a Karcher pressure washer).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 23 Posts