Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only a few weeks now until my SQ5 arrives and wanted to ask what you guys use for music source in the car. I don't have any music on my phone nor do I use an Ipod. In my X5 I had all the music on a USB stick and my new Golf GTD uses an SD card.

Does the SQ5 also use an SD card or can music be copied to a hard disk in the car. Just wondering really do I need to order another card to have ready for the Audi delivery date.

·
Banned
289 Posts
I asked a similar question a few weeks ago. The Q5/SQ5 has 2 SD slots and also has 20GB of hard drive available for music (known as the jukebox).

Consensus of opinion was that both work well, and sound better than the iPod connection, but you need to have a good structure of folders etc to get the best out of them.

On the strength of that I purchased a 32gb SD card, filled it with music.......... and now I just need the car to stick it in...

·
Banned
289 Posts
PS. All of the above assumes you have opted for the Technology pack..

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
You get a single SD card slot even if you don't go for the NAV option.
So you will be fine with this approach.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have gone for Tech Pack on my SQ5. So is it better to copy from the SD card to the hard disk or doesn't it really make much difference. I have a 32gb card for the Golf, 90 albums on it and only used 4gb so far!

·
Still Game
4,609 Posts
I use SD card. It takes forever to copy tunes to the jukebox. No difference (to my ears) in sound quality or ease of use with jukebox.

With two slots, you could have one card for you and one for the wife?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Just use a USB stick, its a lot less painful than copying to SD card... (though I did note that my latest micro SD card I got for my phone was actually pretty quick). I have ~60Gb of music on my stick and it works fine.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why is it painful copying to an SD card? I found it just as easy as copying to the USB stick.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
For me SD copying is easier/quicker than USB. I have an SD slot on my Mac so easy to insert, I can transfer 16GB of data in 5 mins (I regularly do this for my pics, which are comparable 5-10MB JPG files like MP3s are) - on USB2.0 16GB takes hours! If you have a USB3.0 computer/stick it would be significantly quicker though.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
SD Card pretty easy to use, just simple plug in, drag folder and download onto Jukebox. Quick and useful process; however i am wondering does anyone know how to order songs on the SD card so that when you plug in its in an order instead of alphabetical order?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts