Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
I am going to order a set of front and rear mud flaps to fit my S-Line, I know they won't fit but I am willing to make these fit to prevent any more tar and crap up the sides. Is anyone else interested in doing this? I know some members have already done this.
Surely the modification cannot be that difficult as Aberdeen Audi mentioned my paint warranty will be void if the flaps cause damage, but I intend to leave as much of the original plastic strips on and convert the flap to suit.
Any feedback would be interesting on this matter as we are all thinking about it.

Doug

Reactions: csimy

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interested!
Yes I seen the modification mervin had did to his and now I will do the same as I want to keep all the crap off the body work, cost about 100 pounds from Aberdeen Audi for the front and rears.

Doug

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did the fronts last week , next to no mod needed just a slight trim on the underside to allow it to go high enough , the rears look more work so I left them as I'm not so worried about the car behind !!

·
Registered
700 Posts
To be honest they are a challenge pn the rears but well work the hassle !! , just collected my SQ5 today and not sure yet weather to do the same on there still thinking and wondering weather it will look right with the 21" wheels, time will tell

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey merlin, I've noticed on my SQ5 that the 21's have been kicking up stones up the side of the car. Noticed a few dusty stone like scuffs on the face of the lower front wing. No damage as yet but I need to get my set of flaps chopped up and put on no matter how they look.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Best of luck , think I will order some tomorrow already done it once and that was a challenge , take 2 !!!!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Has anyone managed to complete the SQ5 mud flap install yet ????

·
Registered
700 Posts
Not yet, were all waiting for you to do it and make templates
HAHA Yes i was hoping someone would have a go first so i could see what they looked light against the 21" alloys !! i will call up at Audi today and see if i can borrow a set !

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fitted the front ones yesterday to my S-Line with the 20" wheels they look okay but the moulding is all incorrectly shaped, but still worth it. Will plan the rears over the weekend.

·
Banned
489 Posts
Fitted the front ones yesterday to my S-Line with the 20" wheels they look okay but the moulding is all incorrectly shaped, but still worth it. Will plan the rears over the weekend.
Due respect to all who are doing this but I have some difficulty in understanding why somebody would want to bodge a set of mudflaps to fit a brand new £40k-50k car. Why are we not putting pressure on Audi to supply mudflaps for the S-line/ S-line+/SQ5, as they are clearly in demand if this forum is anything to go by! A good opportunity for aftermarket suppliers too!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The story I was told the demand for the s-line mud flaps don't demand the production and of course the change in the bumper/skirts is also different. The front modification was removal of rubber you will not see any way and 1 screw hole removed from the flap. It has kept the side of the car clean at present with the rain last night and the mud roads we also run on.

Yes they should have been sold as a factory option

Doug

·
Registered
13 Posts
Due respect to all who are doing this but I have some difficulty in understanding why somebody would want to bodge a set of mudflaps to fit a brand new £40k-50k car. Why are we not putting pressure on Audi to supply mudflaps for the S-line/ S-line+/SQ5, as they are clearly in demand if this forum is anything to go by! A good opportunity for aftermarket suppliers too!
For me with the 21" wheels its something i feel im forced to do due to potential stone chips up the side of the car. Agree audi should manufacture mudflaps for slines and sq5s.

·
Registered
700 Posts
As you says its stupid, ive been taking to Audi today and they dont make the flaps for S-Line or SQ5 due to the fact the flaps fitted will ruin the side profile of the car, !! id rather less crap and chips up the side than the looks it ruins !!, leave it with me i will try and fit the weekend or next week,

All the best Merlin

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would be interested in some front mud flaps for my SQ5 too. White cars and tar do my head in!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Anyone considered applying something like venture shield? Admittedly not as robust as actual mud guards in the long term but imo worth considering if you want keep the lines "unspoiled". Have used a couple of times to good effect.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hello from a new member.
I am currently waiting for a new S line +, my 7th new Audi and the first for which Audi do not offer a genuine mudflap, and found the forum after a Google search on Q5 mudflaps.
Due to regional winter road treatment mudflaps are really essential to protect the sides and rear of he car therefore I am keen to learn from others who have successfully fitted flaps to an S Line or SQ5 how to set about the modification.
Would anybody be willing to supply specific details on what needs to be trimmed off the standard flaps to match the contour of the sill body kit and rear bumper/valance plus any other hints to aid success? Photos would also be very helpful.
Thanks in anticipation

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hi cruicd, and welcome to this very informative forum. I've recently bought the standard Q5 front mud flaps but still to fit them. Going by forum comments the front may be straightforward and for me an absolute necessity. Just waiting for a dry day (my garage at home doesn't leave me with enough room to move around in once the car's in). Best wishes ....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts