Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
2,219 Posts
Expensive if done by Audi dealer! They charge way too much for the brake discs. £620+ inc VAT for front pads and discs and that not including labour! What is wrong with the calipers?

I've only changed by rears so far (by myself), went for Akebono ceramic (low dust) brake pads and Zimmermann Sport:Z (cross-drilled brake discs. I will do the same for the fronts (but still undecided whether to go with plain (like OEM) or cross-drilled again. But I checked my front pads recently and they are still very chunky!

·
Still Game
5,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am in Spain, DIY is not an option. I went to a non-franchised garage who ordered wrong pads and fukced up when re-installing my old pads. Gave me back the car in a dangerous condition. You will note the clearance between pad and disc. Lesson learned ; never trust any Brit tradesman in Spain.

It is currently with a Spanish garage who are attempting to repair the damage.

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
2,219 Posts
Sounds like a right nightmare! :eek: Hope you get it sorted quickly. What was the reason for getting new pads in the first place? Did the brake pad wear sensor come on?

The same goes for Brit tradesman in France (have tales from family that live there) don't trust or use them!

·
Still Game
5,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brake pad sensor came on. As you said brake pads are easy DIY. I thought what could go wrong ………. I did live in Spain for 10 years and ought to have known better

When an apprentice steps of the plane in Alicante he morphs into a master tradesman. This time the joke is on me :-(

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
2,219 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts