Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
They tuned my current Q5 for me, and my B5 RS4 a few times. Top guys who really know their stuff about VAG cars

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am taking delivery of my SQ5 in June, I have been watching and waiting to see if anybody had had a remap done, in previous debates about remaps on the SQ5, somebody posted that the auto gearbox was rated to 700 nm max.
I contacted MRC to see if they had done any mods to the box as the remap puts it up to 795 nm, they replied that many of their remaps on other cars almost certainly took the boxes above the max recomended with no ill effects.
Has anyone had this done yet? I would really like to have this remap on my new car but am worried about trashing the gearbox.
Any thoughts anyone?

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
My mate has a heavily tuned TT. He is on his second replacement and specially modified gear box.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Never had an issue. Even on a BMW which i ran for 4 years on a remap taking it to 360bhp (283 bhp was standard form)

The main issue is insurance! Ive declared all my remaps and even had to wait until the annual change of policy when the insurer wont allow such mods. Its been talked about on here before and i guess many dont declare remaps and so if there is an SQ5 owner thats it done, they may not want to declare such.

Can you imagine how many drivers are out there who dont even know that the used car they purchased has been mapped and thus technically not insured! Theres so many companies doing maps, i wouldn't like to guess the percentage of mapped cars out there

·
Registered
157 Posts
Not sure I'm reading the prices right but it looks like £500 for VAG 3.0Tdi which presumably includes the SQ5? That's quite a bit cheaper than other companies have been quoting. Interesting if that's the correct price.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Never had an issue. Even on a BMW which i ran for 4 years on a remap taking it to 360bhp (283 bhp was standard form)

The main issue is insurance! Ive declared all my remaps and even had to wait until the annual change of policy when the insurer wont allow such mods. Its been talked about on here before and i guess many dont declare remaps and so if there is an SQ5 owner thats it done, they may not want to declare such.

Can you imagine how many drivers are out there who dont even know that the used car they purchased has been mapped and thus technically not insured! Theres so many companies doing maps, i wouldn't like to guess the percentage of mapped cars out there
your so rite Wilf,no 1 un-re maps ther cars wen being px'd or sold,Infact proberbly over 95% leave them done í ½í¸„

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Banbury is only 20 minutes down the m40 for me...however I never have the feeling that the Sq isn't quick enough, I'd be curious to see what all that extra torque feels like though.
xx

·
Registered
529 Posts
I was quoted £750 for the SQ5 remap.
Same here (£750)
Its not really the power gain, its the hesitation they remove. I've noted mine seems to be getting worse or maybe its just that I've noticed it and i am expecting it to do it?

·
Registered
277 Posts
just be mindful that a map will more than likely be detectable by Audi and they will add a TD1 flag to the main database voiding any engine warranty.

Oh, and I was quoted less by MRC but seen as they were useless to deal with I walked away.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Same here (£750)
Its not really the power gain, its the hesitation they remove. I've noted mine seems to be getting worse or maybe its just that I've noticed it and i am expecting it to do it?
This is probably the most irritating aspect of the car, the lag at low revs is really not nice and I find myself constantly flicking down several gears as I approach roundabouts, slow junctions etc just so I don't get caught in no mans land between 1000-1500rpm before the turbo spools up. £750 seems like a reasonable price to pay to eliminate it if that's what it does. Boosting power to 360-370bhp would be a nice bonus although I'm still not brave enough to do it on a 2 month old car.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Looks like a nice jump in power,lookin 4ward to some 1 having done and getting feedback on the performance 😄

1 - 14 of 14 Posts