Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just received my 2012 2.0 Q5.
It is an American model but since I am bringing it back to Europe next Summer, I would like to see the fuel consumtion in L/100km.
In the MMI menu, you can change all the units to metric except... the fuel consumption.
It seems the Canadian (and European) models are locked on L/100km while the american ones are locked on mpg.

Has anyone succeeded to change this? Maybe by reprogramming the car computer?

Thanks a lot,
David

·
Banned
801 Posts
Hi,

I just received my 2012 2.0 Q5.
It is an American model but since I am bringing it back to Europe next Summer, I would like to see the fuel consumtion in L/100km.
In the MMI menu, you can change all the units to metric except... the fuel consumption.
It seems the Canadian (and European) models are locked on L/100km while the american ones are locked on mpg.

Has anyone succeeded to change this? Maybe by reprogramming the car computer?

Thanks a lot,
David
This can be replaced.
You need a vag-com cable. Here is here link to view the possible modification of tomorrow I will send you the codes for a replacement.
http://www.audienthusiasts.com/VagCom.html
Sorry for my english

·
Banned
801 Posts
You can replace the fuel consumption display: MPG - United Kingdom
MPG - USA
l/100 KM
KM / L
You need a vag-com cable and VCDS software
The procedure is as follows:
17 - Instruments
Coding - 07 -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 7 -> Change what you want as pictured

I forgot after the modification must be done restart MMI
Here's how the changes look:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well, this might be the matter of version of MMI firmware. I checked this on my Q and there is an option for l/100km, mpg (US) and mpg (UK) to select from.
Spijun, you choose wrong example to demonstrate how it works. 15.3l/100km is indeed ~15.3mpg (US), so this coincident might suggest that only unit is changed, not mileage figure (bottom set of pictures)

·
Banned
801 Posts
Well, this might be the matter of version of MMI firmware. I checked this on my Q and there is an option for l/100km, mpg (US) and mpg (UK) to select from.
Spijun, you choose wrong example to demonstrate how it works. 15.3l/100km is indeed ~15.3mpg (US), so this coincident might suggest that only unit is changed, not mileage figure (bottom set of pictures)
My mistake
Are you're right for the first picture, but it's my fault because I did not changed the settings of the MMI display Distance from KM to MILES
Shows 15.3 because the car stopped, and be changed without starting the car.
I tested before and it works ok
Thanks for your suggestions
Uploaded a new picture
I have the option of: km / l. Here are pictures as proof

Best Regards

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a lot Spijun for your help.

Mirekmal, it seems the US and Canadian versions are locked. It may not be the case for the European models...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts