Attachments

·
Registered
578 Posts
Nice. Almost looks black.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looks good. Nice to see a colour other than black/white/grey/silver.

Do think 5 segment spoke alloys suit the Q5 the most.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yep I'm liking that. Good choice.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is the weirdest colour - if it is overcast it looks charcoal grey, sun behind black, sun in front blue.

First clean today - a royal PITA compared to the Daytona - every little water mark shows up if you don't wipe it dry properly - looks like I need to "up my game" on the detailing front !!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hardest colour to clean without a doubt, had a Golf GTI years ago, it looked lovely when I picked the car up from new, couldn't get it the same after I washed it!! Good luck, worth the extra effort IMO.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Solved the water spotting problem. Bought an Auqua-Gleam filter. Wash - Rinse - Leave to dry, sorted. Not cheap at £55, but if it lasts 20 washes, that's a years worth for me?

·
Registered
31 Posts
nsm3 - a cheaper solution would be to get a microfibre drying towel from Halfords. Only a fiver and it can be used instead of the wash leather - but I do a quick wash leather then finish with the towel. Although I now have Daytona G, my last Audi was a deep blue (Ming Blue) which had all the characteristics of the Moonlight Blue. It looks fantastic in all light conditions and by doing the above, I never had any spotting issues. A treatment with a synthetic wax (£20 and a bit of elbow grease) will see off most of the water deposits and save the wash leather cycle. No need for all that detailing faff.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I have used microfibre cloths for years and they are great at drying the car without leaving spots or runs. Wilko sell them 3 for £2. I tend to use a new one each time and throw the old one away. I also use one for for the interior glass as it brings it up streak free.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts