Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
This is my first post, I've been reading the forum for a number of years now but only joined recently
I am on my second Q5, both 3.0 TDI and find they meet all my motoring needs. Reasonable performance with comfort and practicality. When I first read about the SQ5 last year I was more or less convinced then that it would make a great replacement for the Sline special that I have right now. It is coming 3 years old and miles piling on so time for a change. With long deliveries you have to start planning ahead

Test drove an SQ on the 23rd Dec in horrendous weather so did not get the full enjoyment but it confirmed that it is just what I need, the standard 3.0 can pull but the SQ well it's something else!
Placed order last week so all going well it might arrive by May..........June.....
Some of the spec below

Monsoon Grey
Black with Silver seats,silver headlining
Flat bottom steering wheel
Standard Wheels
Adaptive Cruise
Adaptive Light
Advanced Key
Audi Drive Select
Dynamic Steering
Tech Pack Advanced
Electric tailgate
Tow bar
Etc

Thought the Monsoon Grey was more suited to an older dude like me, Estoril Blue looks great but better left to the younger guys. I am also fed up with black, hard to keep with a daily commute on some back roads in Aberdeenshire

·
Banned
289 Posts
Welcome. Interesting what you say about colour. I was tempted by Monsoon (I'd have had Daytona if it had been available), but decided I would go for Estoril - even though I'm a bit middle-aged.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Welcome, nearly chose that colour for my Q5 but went for Daytona. I am definitly middle aged.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Gaffer age is just a number,lol,but your right bout black and trying to keep clean,it seems I don't even get a full day of it looking clean,grey is def easier to maintain the look of being clean,such a liberty that Daytona is £2000 extra,on sq,I would of had that colour all day long instead of black,I think I might go for ice silver when new sq cums out in a couple of years,unless another manufactor comes up with a sq beater,wich doesn't look likely 🔣

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Welcome! Haven't seen a Monsoon SQ5 yet but looking forward to seeing a first

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I considered the lava grey but thought it might be too dark and as I said I'm fed up off the black showing up every spec of dirt. Is the lava grey hard to keep up?

·
Registered
952 Posts
Welcome and sounds like a nice choice.

Did you negotiate a decent discount to sweeten the deal?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im sure there are better deals out there... but to be honest reasonably pleased.
Did some calling around the Scottish outlets and none of them could do any better.
All my previous Audis have been "nearly new" rather than new but when looking at the used SQs they did not have the spec I wanted and were priced quite high so all in all happy to have done a deal locally. I have a fixed deal so if delivery drags then I wont be penalised on the trade in price, some of the other dealers were reluctant to "fix" the trade in price due to long deliveries.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Lava isn't too bad to keep up- I think because its pearlescent effect there is a nice sparkle from it even when it is filthy, but it does definitely need a good clean every couple of weeks as i HATE driving around in a dirty car, especially on a beast like the SQ, if its dirty it doesn't do it justice

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well the wait has been shorter than I expected, I pick up the SQ tomorrow afternoon, will give you an update after I have put on a few miles

·
Registered
952 Posts
Bet you're excited, enjoy the pick up.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'll try and spot your car on the roads into Aberdeen! Hope your collection goes well.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Well the wait has been shorter than I expected, I pick up the SQ tomorrow afternoon, will give you an update after I have put on a few miles
good luck 2day on the new arrival,enjoy ????

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Yes enjoy!

Having started working in Aberdeen recently and an initial 2 consecutive weeks at the beginning I couldn't help but notice that the Audi dealer (on the edge of the same Ind est as my employer) is fabulously successful, there are a lot of Audi cars on the streets of the city.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Enjoy!
I had Daytona Grey on the previous Q5 (loved it), have Lava Grey on the current SQ5 (also love it but would have preferred Sepang Blue were it not for the extra cost!) and have a mate with a 3.0 Tdi Sline Q5 in Monsoon Grey - I quite like it and + side is that there don't seem to be that many of them around in that colour so a bit of exclusivity for you perhaps.
Happy and safe motoring.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Gaffer, saw your picture on the Aberdeen Audi website picking up your car this afternoon. Looks the business, so congratulations to you. By the way, I am quite a bit older than you, and I collect my Misano Red (same as Missiles) SQ early next month. Could well be the oldest SQ owner in the UK. (Will be 63 in June --- sadly !!!)

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Hi Gaffer, saw your picture on the Aberdeen Audi website picking up your car this afternoon. Looks the business, so congratulations to you. By the way, I am quite a bit older than you, and I collect my Misano Red (same as Missiles) SQ early next month. Could well be the oldest SQ owner in the UK. (Will be 63 in June --- sadly !!!)
there seems to b more sq's in your neck of the woods than anywhere else í ½í¸„

Reactions: Beagler

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for nice comments. The handover went well till time to drive off, the damned rain came on and by the time I got home it was filthy.
Apart from that I am delighted with it.
I'll get some pictures posted in the next few days.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts