Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I recently decided, on the spur of the moment, to upgrade, and purchase S-Line plus rather than SE, I thought I had all bases covered regarding Mobile prep etc, thinking S-line plus included Mobile -prep-High, along with MMi navigation plus.

Since ordering I've had conversations with sales rep about compatibility of my phone for hands free etc, so I assume I will have that !

Reading, again, for the 50th time, thru the specs guide I see that Prep-High is actually an extra for £350, and even Prep-Low, which is basically just hands-free, is an extra at £175..

So as I have specced neither...what exactly will my mobile prep interface, which is standard on ALL models, give me ??

·
Still Game
4,615 Posts
You do not need either mobile prep, to connect mobile phone to car. ALL Q5s come with blue tooth as standard. Low gives you a rather expensive connection for a rather expensive phone cradle.

·
Registered
952 Posts
This is the conclusion I came to when ordering my car. If I just want calls then its all there as standard, low didn't seem to add anything I would need, high was expensive and needed an extra SIM and data package, for my usage I didn't reckon I needed it.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great, thanks for that..put my mind at rest !!

I thought somewhere during negotiations it must have come up and decided as un necessary for my needs too, just cant remember the particular conversation.
Cheers.

·
Registered
194 Posts
If its any consolation I too bent the ear of the sales man prior to ordering as it is not too clear.

·
Registered
469 Posts
You do not need either mobile prep, to connect mobile phone to car. ALL Q5s come with blue tooth as standard. Low gives you a rather expensive connection for a rather expensive phone cradle.
Agreed.
Basic set up covers most needs as the MMI shows numbers in your mobile's directory and you can do most stuff around calls via the steering wheel controls except dialing a new number not in the directory which is easy with the MMI wheel.
I queried this when ordering and salesman told me that basic now does everything that the Phone Prep did in my Allroad except provide a connection for an expensive cradle in the armrest. In essence a waste of £175 unless you must have your phone attached to the car and need to have better signal strength via the shark-fin on the roof.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I hope you didn't drop a Clanger, the Soup Dragon wont be happy ! LOL

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hope you didn't drop a Clanger, the Soup Dragon wont be happy ! LOL
Great show, a classic from my era actually.
I think from all replies I haven't dropped a clanger, I'm happy with basic bluetooth connection.
Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts