Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all-

Well a long saga is still not over. After having our Q5 written off last year, the insurance company's replacement has finally arrived. It's been months that I've waited for our new Q5 and it's not quite right still. I took delivery last week and just realised today that, even though I asked for it on our original order, the vehicle doesn't have the bluetooth mobile phone prep.

Is that something that can be added aftermarket? We have the full MMI system, including nav, Apple Music Interface, etc.

I'm so angry I can hardly breathe.

-S

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hello all-

Well a long saga is still not over. After having our Q5 written off last year, the insurance company's replacement has finally arrived. It's been months that I've waited for our new Q5 and it's not quite right still. I took delivery last week and just realised today that, even though I asked for it on our original order, the vehicle doesn't have the bluetooth mobile phone prep.

Is that something that can be added aftermarket? We have the full MMI system, including nav, Apple Music Interface, etc.

I'm so angry I can hardly breathe.

-S
Hello Seabear and welcome to the forums

First of all, come down
Anger will not resolve matters, you need to have a cool head.

Did you order a Tech Pack or did you order the Sat Nav & BT individually?
Could it be that BT has simply malfunctioned? Or that your mobile phone is not working probably with it? Or are you sure you don't have BT at all?

Best thing to do now, if you know for sure you don't have BT is to get in touch with the dealer. The best you can expect is
1- An apology
2- A full refund of the cost of BT
3- The Free installation of an after market BT system

That of course is under the assumption that Audi's BT cannot be retrofitted.

·
Super Moderator
1,046 Posts
Hi Seabear,
as far as i know you can add the bluetooth interface to the car,if you have a look at huntingdon audi on ebay im sure they have some on there,saying that if you have ordered it and its not been fitted then the dealer should be doing it free of charge anyway.good luck.

Rich

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
*deep breaths*

Thanks for the info all. Yes, I have confirmed again today that there is no bluetooth. I have a query in to the dealer about it.

The trouble is that all the packs changed content between the 2010 and 2011 model years, and despite my dealer's assurances that he would match the spec of my previous car, a few things have gotten missed out. I didn't see the physical order until the car was delivered, and to be honest when it said "Technology Pack-High" I thought it covered everything. It wasn't until I started pottering around with the car that I have found these issues.

(The other thing that's missing from this new car is the automatic tailgate--which the dealer now tells me got dropped from the S-Line and put into the S-Line SE in 2011, and wasn't even available as an option on the S-Line.)

The "build week" slipped by about three weeks, and then weather hampered our getting the car in December, but the dealer insisted it was paid for before Christmas otherwise he was going to charge the extra VAT (which isn't the legal position, but hey ho). The insurer wouldn't pay the dealer directly, which meant they paid into my account and I had to pay the dealer. I went in on Christmas Eve to pay, as we were away after Christmas and through the first of the new year, only to find out on the morning of delivery the second week of January that there was a "problem with the payment" and it was going to take another five days to sort it. So... when I finally got it, I was kind of hoping it was right!

Thanks again for the help all!

·
Registered
211 Posts
If you have full MMI (e.g. 3G with HDD) you already have BT prep, though it is inactive. Option is to search over Internet how to activate it. All you need is VAG-COM cable and software, that together is significantly cheaper than factory fitted BT. It might go in par with aftermarket solution, but the you will miss clean look of interior.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Be careful ordering solution that integrates into MMI. In Q5 you might have either MMI 2G or 3G installed and these use different data buses to communicate with optional accessories. For 2G (and standard radios) it is CAN bus and for 3G it is MOST bus.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well good news. Dealer has come back and admitted it was his oversight and he'll have it fitted next week for me.

He mentioned it was over ?750 to fit, and he apologised for the error. I said, "I thought this was part of the Tech Pack?!" He said, "Erm, yes, so did I. We'll get it sorted for you."

Well done to him for putting it right.

·
Super Moderator
1,046 Posts
Well good news. Dealer has come back and admitted it was his oversight and he'll have it fitted next week for me.

He mentioned it was over ?750 to fit, and he apologised for the error. I said, "I thought this was part of the Tech Pack?!" He said, "Erm, yes, so did I. We'll get it sorted for you."

Well done to him for putting it right.
Good news
glad it's all sorted

Rich

·
Registered
132 Posts
.. I said, "I thought this was part of the Tech Pack?!" He said, "Erm, yes, so did I. We'll get it sorted for you."
Wait a minute! I too thought it's part of the tech pack!! Are you saying it isn't?!?

·
Registered
132 Posts
My bad, it's part of the Comfort pack in the UK

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My bad, it's part of the Comfort pack in the UK

Well after another drive today and this post, I've worked it out. Cruise control. ANOTHER option on my previous car that didn't make it on my new one. I am absolutely livid.

Pretty sure cruise can't be added aftermarket.

GRRRRRRR

·
Registered
98 Posts

Well after another drive today and this post, I've worked it out. Cruise control. ANOTHER option on my previous car that didn't make it on my new one. I am absolutely livid.

Pretty sure cruise can't be added aftermarket.

GRRRRRRR
since you seems to have been treated pretty shabbily I am pretty sure the automatic tailgate is an option you can spec despite what they told you

Personally I would say - ok match the spec of the car or I will drive this one until what was supposed to have been delivered is delivered

Pretty poor service

·
Registered
132 Posts
Are you saying you are missing the comfort pack (BT, Electric tailgate & Cruise control)?!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are you saying you are missing the comfort pack (BT, Electric tailgate & Cruise control)?!!
Yep all missing!

OK here is the outcome as it stands today.

I pulled up my original order, all agreed in e-mail. It specifies the comfort pack, which in the 2010 model year included two options that were ordered separately in my 2009 original car order (bluetooth, cruise control) and one option that was part of the technology pack that year (electric tailgate).

Somewhere as the build date slipped into 2011 MY, they moved the electric tailgate from being an S-Line option to an S-Line Special Edition option. Apparently you could not spec an S-Line with an electric tailgate for the 2011 MY. (interestingly, you could an SE, but not an S-Line.) So the system "Deleted" (dealer's phrase) the package automatically, as it wasn't an eligible combination. And, according to him, when the system makes an adjustment it doesn't flag it up to anyone, it just builds the car as normal but does whatever it wants--apparently that means delete the whole pack for the one fouled-up option.

Side note, it also deleted "hill-hold assist" as apparently Audi decided it was incompatible with the auto start-stop on a manual in the 2011 MY.

So we got a car with pretty much everything we spec'd apart from those options. The car is mainly used by my partner, who was away last week, and I don't drive it loads--so it took my first and second big trips out of town to discover the missing features.

The good news is that the dealer seems to be playing ball with me on the problem. Though it was on my original order, I didn't get charged for it on the delivery invoice. They have now offered to retrofit both cruise and the bluetooth at their expense. The tailgate I can live without. He even sent me an email acknowledging that it was their fault and committing to the course of action that we agreed. So, assuming they follow through with it, I will come out of the situation pleased.

But what a lot of hassle! UGH! I guess this is an issue with the Q5s being so popular that they routinely have to take orders one MY ahead--so changes like this happen more in this model than in a normal situation. But geesh, you'd think they would have a system that is a bit more helpful! I can't imagine I'm the only/first person that this kind of thing has happened to.

That said, I know many of you on here have called up on a regular basis and insisted that your dealership check the spec with the MY changes. I guess I just assumed that they would take care of monitoring it. Clearly that's wrong.

Anyway thank you guys for the help!

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
(The other thing that's missing from this new car is the automatic tailgate--which the dealer now tells me got dropped from the S-Line and put into the S-Line SE in 2011, and wasn't even available as an option on the S-Line.)
You might want to refer the guy to page 47 of Audi's own literature

My link

Looks very much to me that the electric tailgate is an option on the S-Line!

My order crossed the MY10/MY11 barrier and from what I can recall the changes to the spec and options were very few - the most notable being the change to the suspension. The dealer actually refereed to the same pdf document that is available on the Audi website to get the option codes when placing the order.

I agree with Rick - 'pretty poor service' - alas all too common and akin to what I would expect when buying a ?300 TV at a big high street retailer.

I would urge anyone ordering a vehicle from an Audi dealership to insist that they show you the order on the system and provide you with a printout - and do it sooner rather than later or you will be presented with one of the other chestnuts 'you can't amend the order now' or 'you will lose your slot and it might cost you more'.

Hope you get it sorted to your complete satisfaction.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts