Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody!

Ive just bought a new Q5, can you connect 2 mobile phones at the same time. In my old A6 you could but I can’t seem to work it out? The cars got the new MMI with wireless car play etc.

Thanks!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Hi everybody!

Ive just bought a new Q5, can you connect 2 mobile phones at the same time. In my old A6 you could but I can’t seem to work it out? The cars got the new MMI with wireless car play etc.

Thanks!
Hey Rammy,

Worth checking in the Connection Manager (I think it’s called) to see if the settings allow a second mobile phone connection? It used to be an optional extra as part of the phone box from memory.

Wireless CarPlay is great…now what I’m not 100% sure of is does wireless CarPlay null and void the Bluetooth like it did with wired CarPlay? If so, you wouldn’t be able to connect two phones up at the same time as you would have done in the A6 etc.

If you have second phone connection facility you may have to cancel CarPlay connections on both phones if the tech is same as before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I tried that, looks like it will only connect one phone at a time.

It was handy in my previous car as I’ve got a work phone and my own, both could be connected at the same time.

You can flick between the two in the connection manager but like you say, if one is connected with Air Play it makes it awkward.

Cheers!

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
Hi,

I recently installed aftermarket 12.3" screen with Apple carplay and it works with any phone. :geek:

·
Registered
187 Posts
I had installed an MMB android kit plug and play. It does wireless apple care play as well as Android with full access to google play store. Have tested YouTube and prime videos. Now can use the centre screen while waiting in the car. It also supports screen mirroring (works better with android phone for mirroring).

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
Still tryimg to figure out the options and how best to use them. The fitting instructions were good, but no instructions on how to use.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Still tryimg to figure out the options and how best to use them. The fitting instructions were good, but no instructions on how to use.
If it is running on stock android, then a few videos on YouTube.

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
Yes, I had thought to do that. There is so much crap on YouTube, I am struggling to find anything useful. Going to try downloading some movies to USB drive and connect that to the unit

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
1,875 Posts
Just Netflix etc and stream?

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
I have app for Netflix, but I don't have a subscription. I have loaded the app for Amazon Prime. I don't want to faff about with apps for iPlayer et al.
I plan to go on Euro tour late August. Streaming could be expensive and in areas where there is poor signal, buffering.
I have now downloaded a few movies and TV series to my USB drive and this works for me.
I have also managed to get Audible to work for talking books.

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
I have loaded Booking.com app for another nice feature. I can log in, click on my booking and this gives me a route via Google maps without having to manualy enter the destination. Google maps is much better and more up to date that Audi.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts