Audi Q5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a new mobile compatible with my Q5 set-up - no SatNav, but have "Mobile telephone preparation - Bluetooth interface" (Order code 9ZX, page 41 0f the brochure) and multi-function steering wheel. My dealer has very little information on compatible phones. Considering a Nokia 6303i. Has anyone had success with this one? Any other makes/models recommended?

·
Registered
963 Posts
iPhone 4. Works really well with the Q5.

Took me a while to overcome wanting to stay with Nokia. But having made the jump this phone is the best

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Took me a while to overcome wanting to stay with Nokia. But having made the jump this phone is the best
Thanks, Josh, fabulous phone, one to be proud of, but thinking of something well under ?100 since it will spend a lot of time in the storage box between the front seats.

·
Registered
38 Posts

Hi

Got my car coming April,so will this phone work as an Ipod also, so I can plug into the interface and will it also work with a Bose docking speaker, or do I need to buy a phone and Ipod.

This is all new to me,

·
Registered
963 Posts
Hi

Got my car coming April,so will this phone work as an Ipod also, so I can plug into the interface and will it also work with a Bose docking speaker, or do I need to buy a phone and Ipod.

This is all new to me,

Not tried it yet.....but I understand it does work as an ipod......but if you do then the iphone will not work as a phone via bluetooth in the car.

Personally for music I would use a seperate ipod or sd card or put your music on a hard drive or the car's hard drive. All of these routes are not that expensive any more

Don't know about Bose. Give them a call.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, Josh, fabulous phone, one to be proud of, but thinking of something well under ?100 since it will spend a lot of time in the storage box between the front seats.
Had exactly the same problem with lack of 'approved by Audi' status on most current 'phones. Very little information from the dealer so took a punt on the Nokia C5 - works well in the Q5 but my new TT can only read directory entries in the 'phone memory, not on the SIM.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not tried it yet.....but I understand it does work as an ipod......but if you do then the iphone will not work as a phone via bluetooth in the car.

Personally for music I would use a seperate ipod or sd card or put your music on a hard drive or the car's hard drive. All of these routes are not that expensive any more

Don't know about Bose. Give them a call.
Thanks a lot, I know once I get the Ipod I will sort it out, but I do find all this a bit daunting

·
Registered
963 Posts
iPhone and/or iPod can both be used with Bose

·
Registered
22 Posts
why use the gadget in the center arm rest. i have had both Nokia and the iphone both work great with the bluetooth prep and through the steering wheel controls. Unless you have the MMI i found the ipod does not sound great throught the cable. I Have put all my music on an SD card and you can also bring that up on the screen in the dash. I dont have sat nav or MMi Either.So you should be in the same boat as me.

good luck

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
why use the gadget in the center arm rest. i have had both Nokia and the iphone both work great with the bluetooth prep and through the steering wheel controls. Unless you have the MMI i found the ipod does not sound great throught the cable. I Have put all my music on an SD card and you can also bring that up on the screen in the dash. I dont have sat nav or MMi Either.So you should be in the same boat as me.

good luck
Thanks for that - by chance opened your reply just as I am in the middle of burning albums to an 8 gig SD card!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Can anyone help with this please? Is the Audi Telephone preparation - low compartible with Blackberry Torch?

Thank you everyone

·
Registered
124 Posts
Can anyone help with this please? Is the Audi Telephone preparation - low compartible with Blackberry Torch?

Thank you everyone
I have bluetooth prep on my Q5 Sline Spec Ed and my Torch hooks up perfectly. "Hands free" is fab

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have bluetooth prep on my Q5 Sline Spec Ed and my Torch hooks up perfectly. "Hands free" is fab
thank you

1 - 14 of 14 Posts