Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,

Over the past week, my MMI does not start automatically when the engine is fired up. The manual on/off (volume) button on the consule does nothing when pushing down. Sometimes, the splash screen for the MMI will be on and that is as far as it goes.

I am curious if there is a quick fix without having to take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Try to reboot MMI by pressing SETUP, BIG KNOB and top right soft button together.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, thanks for your comment. I am not sure about "the top right soft button". My best guess is the top right tab button (group of 4 around the big knob). Is this correct?

Anyway, I tried as many combinations with SETUP & BIG KNOB and the best result was with my guess above. However, all it appeared to do was switch off the splash screen and not reboot the system. I did try holding the 3 buttons for short or extended time of up to about 5 seconds.The MMI appears to have a problem with booting up.

Any other suggestions will be appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have now checked the manual for the MMI system (yeah I know what you are thinkng
) and the top right soft button next to the BIG KNOB is correct. However, same result, not getting past the splash screen.

It looks like a trip to the dreaded dealer

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I know this thread is a year old, but what was the outcome please?

My Sat Nav, Jukebox and Phone have all stopped working. The initialisation phase just hangs. The three fingered reboot hangs each time at the same initialisation point. My concern is that it is a Hard Drive failure and is going to be expensive.

Thank you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi,

I know this thread is a year old, but what was the outcome please?

My Sat Nav, Jukebox and Phone have all stopped working. The initialisation phase just hangs. The three fingered reboot hangs each time at the same initialisation point. My concern is that it is a Hard Drive failure and is going to be expensive.

Thank you.
I have had the same problem today, Sat Nav and Media will not load and when I press the 3 buttons to reset I can hear clicking sound which appears to come from behind the console.
So as of this moment I have only the Radio to listen to.

ACP, did your problem get fixed?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts