Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an intermittent problem with the environment display functions on the MMI. Every so often when adjusting the heater, fan controls or heated seats, the pop slide out MMI info screen fails to disappear after a few seconds as normal. Today my wife put on her heated seat set to level 6 and the screen popped up and displayed the settings as usual, the screen then failed to close obscuring the nav display underneath. I tried setting the heated seat back to 0 which it did on the AC display but the MMI did not update and still displayed. The only way to clear the screen was to switch from Nav to radio which did the trick. This has happened a few times now.

Anyone else experienced this? If it persists I will contact the dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a 2011 S5 with the same issue. Sometimes both fan controls lock on the screen...sometimes just one. In my experience, I have to restart the car to clear the screen. At first my dealer thought it was an anomaly due to high temperatures; I'm in north Texas and this summer we had 70+ days with temps near or above 40[sup]o[/sup]C. The issue went away once the weather cooled down, but then it reappeared a couple weeks ago. It has happened twice in January with outside temps around 5[sup]o[/sup]C. The car is currently at the dealer for another issue, and they've been testing the MMI for the past week, but can neither replicate the problem nor find any MMI faults. The car will go back for another service next week and they are supposed to keep testing the environmental controls & MMI. Will let you know if they find anything.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi/
I experienced a similiar issue:
Starting the car the Nav screen would say "loading Data" - but then hang-up at 37%
Stopping & starting the car did not clear the fault.
HOWEVER! - Worth knowing maybe, - Starting the car, & changing away from Nav before it had crashed, cured the problem.
This was a week ago, & I've used the car a lot since, & the fault has not re-appeared.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine has behaved after I originally posted and has not returned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts