Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Q5 delivered and got a couple of hundred miles under my belt. Chuffed to bits with the car - couple of minor frustrations the forum might be able to assist with?

My MMI Rotary/select button has to be rotated anti-clockwise to progress through lists of options? I would expect this to be clockwise - can this be changed anywhere within the MMI settings? Not the end of the world but clockwise seems more intuitive ..

Similarly, the owners manual states the mirror control knob should be in the drivers mirror position to tilt the passenger mirror when reversing, mine actually has to be pointing at the passenger mirror position - this kind of makes sense but it is inconsistent with what the manual says.

Has anyone else experienced these issues and/or can offer solutions? Thanks.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
The rotary direction is a funny one. BMW iDrive is the other way around, when I got my 135i it annoyed me as I thought it was backwards, then I got used to it, then I got the Audi and had to unlearn the backwardness! You get used to it though!

And I suspect the mirror faux pas is a hang over from the LHD manual. This annoys me though as you have to remember to put it back to centre for mirror heating - IMHO mirror heating should just always be on if below 5 degrees or if the rear defrost is enabled, no need for a separate button that conflicts with another feature (again BMW do it the right way!).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks José - I guess I'll get used to it!

The wife drives a BMW and I've spent a lot of time behind the wheel over the past month whilst I've been without a car - as you say, I'll need to 'unlearn' the iDrive.

As for the mirror - yep, makes absolute sense. Thanks for responding.

Simon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts