Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my Q5 now for a couple of months so I thought it was time I loaded up some music on the MMI jukebox.

Everything went smoothly until I was driving along listening to an album thinking 'that tracks not in the right place'. On inpection the bloody thing has put every track on every album in alphabetical order !!! What a stupid feature, do Audi not realise that album tracks are in a certain order for a reason ?
I can't even find a shuffle feature to use a feeble excuse for it.
To me it's in the same league as the awful Sat Nav system - a hell of a lot of money for pretty much substandard technology.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sorry to hear that, seems like as they learn with one thing they don't apply it in future. I selected ipod link on a Mk2 TT when they came out, only to find that it just played numbered tracks from the first 5 playlists on your ipod, then the 6th playlist was your library, every time the power went on it played from track 1 again on the entire library...... for ?200 as I remember!

Was pleased to order ipod on the Q5 cause it sounds like a really good system (hope it recognises my Iphone so I can have it charge, play music and BT for calls..) but didn't order Sat Nav as I find it so bad on our A4 compared to a ?100 Tom Tom.

Terrible really, they claim world leading car technology so why not admit they dont invest in the in car tech and just buy off the shelf from someone who does.

I hope there's a fix for your problem or maybe a software update in a while.

On the plus side the car must be otherwise good as it's taken you a while to explore this avenue............. still no date....

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Had my Q5 now for a couple of months so I thought it was time I loaded up some music on the MMI jukebox.

Everything went smoothly until I was driving along listening to an album thinking 'that tracks not in the right place'. On inpection the bloody thing has put every track on every album in alphabetical order !!! What a stupid feature, do Audi not realise that album tracks are in a certain order for a reason ?
I can't even find a shuffle feature to use a feeble excuse for it.
To me it's in the same league as the awful Sat Nav system - a hell of a lot of money for pretty much substandard technology.
Hi Rothco,

Welcome to the forum

Listing the tracks alphabetically isn't a quirk of the Audi Jukebox - it's just following normal file listing conventions.

What software are you using to rip your music? Most ripping software is pretty flexible about how you name the files (or tracks) that you create. You need to make sure it names the tracks starting with the track number, for example:

01 Sultans Of Swing - Dire Straits.mp3
02 Down To The Waterline - Dire Straits.mp3

Personally I prefer to put the track title before the artist because I would rather see the track than artist on the DIS.

Hope that helps,

Kev

1 - 3 of 3 Posts