Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am a new member and owner of Q5 2.0TDI 170ps. Bought car secondhand end of June and is registered September 2010. Just wondering how you get the MMI firmware updated. Is it a case of periodically calling the dealer, or can you buy CD's direct from Audi. Apologies if this has already been asked in a previous thread.

By the way I think the car is great and don't regret trading in my Audi A4 convertible....especially as summer has never arrived !!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi, I am a new member and owner of Q5 2.0TDI 170ps. Bought car secondhand end of June and is registered September 2010. Just wondering how you get the MMI firmware updated. Is it a case of periodically calling the dealer, or can you buy CD's direct from Audi. Apologies if this has already been asked in a previous thread.

By the way I think the car is great and don't regret trading in my Audi A4 convertible....especially as summer has never arrived !!!
Hi Audi Family,

Welcome to the forum!!!

A few days ago under the "AUDI Q5 Information &Specifications" section I posted a topic "MMI Firmware Versions" asking for help in establishing the latest version of the firmware / software.

Secret Squirrel was very helpful and confirmed that he has got version K0031 of the MMI software (coincidentally this is the version my garage will be updating my system with tomorrow).

To the best of my knowledge the MMI updates are not readily available to end users and thus a trip to the Audi dealers is the easiest way to get an upgrade. Having just had my Q5 serviced I expected the MMI software to be updated as part of the work but, alas, it seems this isn't so and I had to request the update (which was still initially omitted until I took the matter up with the manager).

Reactions: gypsymoth
1 - 2 of 2 Posts