Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using iPod as music source when commuting around town for business/shopping, the iPod will not ne identified unless I open center box and re-insert the ID code on the iPod. This happens regularly, but not every time.
Is there an obvious fix?

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
2,174 Posts
What kind of iPod is this - one of the newer types? If so iOS 11 seem to cause issues!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You still have an iPod? :rolleyes: Download your tunes to an USB stick, SD card or the built in Jukebox.
Yes, a new iPod as the classics were not compliant. It is uptodate. It is charged (though some times AUDI does not charge it.
We have two iPod classics and this was an unfortunate demand but it should have met our usual use as we had with three Lincolns since 2000
It is wired and in the center console box.
It was purchased 1 month after we bought our new 2021 Q5 PHEV top level (I forget the name)
As of last month, it needs to be re-opened with passcode almost 90% of time else MMI does not recognize it.
What happened and why? Why not let us use our classics? I looked it up and there is NO excuse other than the demand that we purchase that electronic gem.
I use one of two in my Ford without a problem. See my previous complaints and requests for help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This problem is recent probably after an update. It drives my wife in a bad way. It will not remember and bond via bluetooth carplay with the iTunes on her iPhone 11 with extra memory. and iTunes entered.
I do not see the logic of excluding classics iPods. I use on my new radio in my car. MMI has made a dumb advance. Not only does it exclude the classics, it won't start the new

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
2,174 Posts
This problem is recent probably after an update.
What update is that?

Also have you tried any of the recommended steps in the links I posted?

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
2,174 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts