Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other posts have touched on this subject but could someone confirm -

1. Does the MMI (reading from an SD card or from the inbuilt hard drive (where fitted))read embedded ID Tags to identify MP3 track names or is it necessary to manually name the actual music file with the track name, e.g. 'Sultans Of Swing - Dire Straits'. Also, does the MMI read the embedded track number or is it necessary to name the music file with the number too, e.g. '01 Sultans Of Swing - Dire Straits'.

2. Does the MMI read WAV files or other lossless files, e.g Apple Lossless?

Thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
1. I just transferred my CD's to the SD card (via my pc hard disc) and created a named folder for each CD. MMI reads the track names as I copied them across with 1, 2, 3 etc already there.

2. Don't know about this - haven't tried this file type.

Does this help ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi

Thanks for the reply - it sort of helps! Do you know whether the track nos are in the ID tags (ie embedded) or in the actual visible file name for each track?

·
Registered
124 Posts
right what I had to do was create a folder on my SD card for each artist and then a Sub folder for each album i.e Led Zeppelin 1, Who's Next etc etc

Then I moved the tracks from my pc to the album onthe SD card. The tracks were already numbered so I guess its embedded.

Cheers.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The B & O sound system is absolutely fantastic coupled with all the other AMI gizmo's with the ech Pack High on the S line Spec Ed.

The reproduction I found is superb whatever the source. In fact my 2 daughers know their way around the AMI / MMI better than I do.

My only disappointment technically is that sadly the Sat nav is NOT as good as the VW version and all the blessed sensors are not activated automatically at very low speeds which happened on the VW.

Other than that (oh and I forgot to order electric seats) everything is sweet technically.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts