Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed their Q5 headlights misting up? I'm not sure if its just the bad weather we've been having lately but have booked it in to be checked out while its still under warranty. The guy i spoke to on the phone did mention that its not a simple case of swapping them for some new ones as Audi have a checklist that they need to go through before they'd do that. But surely it must have a defective seal or something otherwise moisture would not be able to get in and cause the misting up?
Anyways, its booked for Tuesday so i'll see what they say…...

·
Banned
842 Posts
I think this is common with xenon headlights the moisture evaporates with the heat of the light. I may be wrong though.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have noticed the same and put it down to the recent cold snap. Like Chopper I assume it's a common phenomenon and nothing to worry about.

Saying that it will be good to hear what your dealer has to say.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think this is common with xenon headlights the moisture evaporates with the heat of the light. I may be wrong though.
It may do but there shouldn't be any moisture getting in there in the first place should there?

Anyhow, I'll post the response from the dealers after they check it out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all,just picked up our new q5 today and already loving it . But just been back in the car and noticed drivers side headlamp misted up.
Will ring dealer first thing in morning and query this. What was the outcome of your dealer visit tangy ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Basically they said its one of those things and they couldn't change them unless it was a lot worse, ie there's a lot of moisture and droplets of water are found. It was an Audi policy, they went through a checklist and found nothing wrong so even if they did change them, the chances are that the new lights would mist up as well.
Sods law that on the day I went it, it was a nice dry day and there wasn't any misting at all but I did show them my pics.

Anyhow, I do agree it was probably to do with the bad weather we've been having so it hasn't been misting up now it's bit warmer but wanted to check before the warranty runs out.

They were pretty good and helpful about it all, did an update too while they had it and washed it as well....... Tho the lady told me I wouldn't notice what the update did or did she just not know?? Lol

Anyone know what this last update did?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got this in my "new" 2012 model as well.

The dealer told me it's normal, as the heat from Xeon lights do not give out enough heat to evaporate the mist like halogen lights do.

It goes away in the summer when it's warm, and they won't change it unless it's a lot worse (such as dirt and dusk inside the headlights).

·
Registered
503 Posts
Its mentioned in the manual you may notice moisture during certain temperatures in the headlamps and its not a fault.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts