Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Guys,

I'm undecided on whether to go for the full Milano Leather or the Alcantara/Leather option with the silver stitching.

I like the silver detailing of the alcantara but am concerned it won't wear well and be a pain to maintain, especially as I'll have a nipper in the car with associated seat and isofix base.

Has anyone got any photos of the alcantara/leather option and/or experience with living with it?

Thanks.
Swainey

·
Registered
132 Posts
Guys,

I'm undecided on whether to go for the full Milano Leather or the Alcantara/Leather option with the silver stiching.

I like the silver detailing of the alcantara but am concerned it won't wear well and be a pain to maintain, especially as I'll have a nipper in the car with associated seat and isofix base.

Has anyone got any photos of the alcantara/leather option and/or experience with living with it?

Thanks.
Swainey
My opinion is to either go with Alcantara/Leather or upgrade to fine Nappa - i found Milano leather a bit grainy to my taste.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I would go for fine nappa. It is much more comfortable than the grainy milano which I found to be a little hard.

So Fine Nappa with S line seats

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply guys but the wife just won't agree to spending an extra ?365 on posh leather and tbh my current car has Milano and I'm perfectly happy with it.

Shame you cannot order the silver stitching with Milano - I wonder why?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks for the reply guys but the wife just won't agree to spending an extra ?365 on posh leather and tbh my current car has Milano and I'm perfectly happy with it.

Shame you cannot order the silver stitching with Milano - I wonder why?
I felt Alcantara/Leather with silver stitching is better than Milano Leather. Feels & looks better - but i don't know if it'll age better.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I went for the milano for ease of care. Its easy to care for but does not have a very nice feel. I would go for the fine nappa next time.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Guys,

I'm undecided on whether to go for the full Milano Leather or the Alcantara/Leather option with the silver stitching.

Thanks.
Swainey
We went for the Alcantara/Leather with silver stitching option and are very pleased with it. The Alcantara has a soft texture and is good to sit on on these cold mornings - as compared to the initial shock of sitting on cold leather. We've only done 1k miles so wear and tear are not an issue. Cleaning is a breeze because the Alcantara shrugs off dirt and brushes up really well. So far, no regrets or second thoughts.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any Pics Ed?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got the new shape A4 at the moment with Alcantara/leather and the car is coming up to 50k miles after 2 1/2 years. It wears really well and my interior looks as good as new. Granted I dont have young kids in it anymore but i do transport about lots of different people and teenagers in it.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's good to hear H3APP. Thanks.

It's a shame Audi don't match the door panels to the seats on the Q5 like they do on the A4.

·
Registered
147 Posts
We went for the Alcantara/Leather option with the silver stitching, which we both love, no 2 year old's with a bottle of milk, crisps and an upset tummy though

kc

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no 2 year old's with a bottle of milk, crisps and an upset tummy though
You know what I hadn't thought about sick, I'm still new to this parenting game and currently when the nipper's in the car she just passes out. My main concern up to now was whether the isofix base would mark the seat.

Now the wipe-a-bility of the leather is starting to really make sense. I can just see myself regretting the alcantara option when trying to mop up after a projectile vomiting session!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've the Alcantara/Leather with silver stitching in our current TT, we've had it a year and half with 22k done. It looks as good as new. No complaints. I have however left the order for the Q5 with the standard leather sports seats for a change from the TT. I'm sure both are great and it's down to a personal choice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts