Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have these on my SQ5, set them up to work on each key so I have a key and my wife has another. However they don't work as I expected. My car has advanced key, not sure if that makes any difference.

My old X5 also had comfort access, however when walking up to the car if I pressed unlock the seat started to move. Hence by the time I opened the door the seat was in correct position. On the SQ5 pressing unlock does not seem to move the seat and seat only moves when I touch the door handle to open up. This means waiting a little while for the seat to position.

Is this how it is meant to operate?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Thats how my A7 operates. I don't think you are supposed to use the key. Keep it in your pocket.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it only moves when the door is opened then if the seat has a lot of movement to do its too slow. Standing getting wet while the seat sorts itself is a bit pointless. Seems the BMW system was more logical in this respect.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Check this, you can use the memory with the door closed

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure that video really answers the problem. The seat only moved when someone opened the door and pushed the button, I wanted it to move immediately on pressing unlock on the keyfob.

·
Registered
273 Posts
On my previous Q5s I could use the key fob to set my seat and mirror preferences so that when I pressed my key fob I could see the seats adjust into my position as I approached the door to get in. However, now it seems you have to use the buttons on the door to get your seats set.
Have I missed something?

The remote is set to:

Function > Car > seat adjustment > Remote control > on.

·
Registered
273 Posts
It worked perfectly on the Q5 I just traded in! Can't think why it is no longer possible on MY14 model.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes mine is the same, seems to only move the seat when you open the door, don't need to touch any buttons though.

·
Registered
273 Posts
My last Q5 used to set the seats when I pressed the key fob as I approached the car but my new one will not set seats until I press button on drivers door. Think I'll contact dealer!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Will be interested to hear what your dealer says, my old X5 moved the seat as soon as you hit unlock on the remote, meant the seat was in position when I opened the door.

Do you have Advanced Key, I have and wonder does it make any difference to this operation.

·
Registered
273 Posts
No don't have advanced key and didn't on my previous. I'll post again after speaking to dealer.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Dealer could offer no solution and suggested I bring the car in. Fairly sure I'm following the procure that has worked with previous Q5s. I'll take it in if need be as I really appreciated this feature.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Keep us up to date on this one as I would love mine to work from pressing the button on key.

·
Registered
273 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
There is an easy fix to this: Don't let your wife drive your car then the seat will always be in the correct position!!

Reactions: ?? SQ-BEAST ??

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm liking your thinking Andy but when she takes the Audi I get to play with her GTD which is always a nice change.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Picked ours up yesterday and I haven't been allowed to drive it yet (I did get her to drop me at the pub a midday for the Leicester Burnley game so most of today was out anyway!) but I am allowed to drive it to the country pub so she can enjoy a drink on mothers' day tomorrow apparently!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Debatable! I get away with a lot

Reactions: ?? SQ-BEAST ??
1 - 20 of 57 Posts