Audi Q5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Have I got this wrong? I was under the impression that if you had opted for memory front seats the settings could be stored on the key fob. With a previous car I had, if my wife had been using the car as soon as I used the key fob to open the car the seat would revert to my settings. The Q5 manual makes some reference to this but so far I can only set the driver's seat to my settings by holding down the button on the door. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
70 Posts
The seats will set to the required key. You need to set this in the mmi to remember the settings. I think it is under seats on the display. Then just use whichever key to open the car and set the seats to required position. I would also suggest saving the alternative setting on button 2. Works fine in my car as when I get in after my wife has used the car I can see the seats setting themselves. Also make sure the memory control button is not set to off on the door as this stops it working as well.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The seats will set to the required key. You need to set this in the mmi to remember the settings. I think it is under seats on the display. Then just use whichever key to open the car and set the seats to required position. I would also suggest saving the alternative setting on button 2. Works fine in my car as when I get in after my wife has used the car I can see the seats setting themselves. Also make sure the memory control button is not set to off on the door as this stops it working as well.
Many thanks acb. I think I have followed the procedure properly but I'll give it another go following your advice before I approach the dealer.
I'll let you know how I get on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts