Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

One dealer is telling me you can order a 2.0 TDI Manual without the Stop/Start (for a ?600 saving)

Another dealer is telling me it's not an option to delete the Stop/Start (thereby having the usual list price).

One possible reason for the former was that it was a MY10 car, although I'm in the process of ordering new, so that would be strange to have on the Audi Desktop system? There's no mention of deleting it in any of the brochures.

Does anyone have a manual without the Stop/Start technology?

Has anyone ordered a MY11 car without the Stop/Start technology?

Thanks,
James

·
Super Moderator
1,047 Posts
Guys,

One dealer is telling me you can order a 2.0 TDI Manual without the Stop/Start (for a ?600 saving)

Another dealer is telling me it's not an option to delete the Stop/Start (thereby having the usual list price).

One possible reason for the former was that it was a MY10 car, although I'm in the process of ordering new, so that would be strange to have on the Audi Desktop system? There's no mention of deleting it in any of the brochures.

Does anyone have a manual without the Stop/Start technology?

Has anyone ordered a MY11 car without the Stop/Start technology?

Thanks,
James
Hi James, Welcome to the forum,

Im not sure you can order without as it would effect emissions and tax brackets i know you can turn it off but as far as im aware its on there and thats it.

Rich

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Rich,

Thanks for your reply - it made a lot of sense to me.

This morning my local dealer confirmed it was no longer possible to order it without Stop/Start so that's cleared up that little issue.

Think my stop/start will remain switched off - I'd find that a little disconcerting.

·
Super Moderator
1,047 Posts
Hi Rich,

Thanks for your reply - it made a lot of sense to me.

This morning my local dealer confirmed it was no longer possible to order it without Stop/Start so that's cleared up that little issue.

Think my stop/start will remain switched off - I'd find that a little disconcerting.
i know what you mean,we had the A5 with it for a loaner and it was a nightmare,probably just need to get used to it.

Rich

1 - 4 of 4 Posts