Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a quote for a service at 35K miles of just over £700 with loyalty discount. Apprentley need new Pollen filter , new DP filter and the DSG needs new oil.

The car is under three years so the fixed pricfe servicing does not apply. Still that one hefty service price. Is this typical of main service costs for the Q5 or am I being expoited?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Wow this is really excessive, first of all you shouldn't need a new DP Filter for 100k miles +, £700 is very high it should be. £300. When it goes in they will tell you it needs to brake pads and discs no doubt. I'd either take it to an indi or try some other dealerships.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The DGS oil change is about £260 plus materials. Scheduled to be done at 38K so could levae it at a pinch to a later service. That part is not something that I feel like trusting to an indi.

Will try to shop arround but though it worth getting a feel for what others have been charged.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have had the full 36K service with gearbox oil as well. Mine was £600 after shopping around at 3 audi dealers.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Try your local VW or Skoda dealership. Same parts, same service, same company, same warranty protection but labour costs usually a lot cheaper. I used a VW centre for servicing on my last Audi. No problems at all!

·
Banned
801 Posts
Try your local VW or Skoda dealership. Same parts, same service, same company, same warranty protection but labour costs usually a lot cheaper. I used a VW centre for servicing on my last Audi. No problems at all!
Same company - YES
Same parts - NO (Some parts are the same)
Same service - NO
VW,Skoda and Seat have the DSG gearbox and Audi S-tronic and the difference is huge

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm no mechanic, and willing to stand corrected, but how much different / costly can it be to change the oil in a DSG gearbox than an S tronic gearbox?

·
Banned
801 Posts
I'm no mechanic, and willing to stand corrected, but how much different / costly can it be to change the oil in a DSG gearbox than an S tronic gearbox?
I do not want to enter into a discussion with you.
Please tell me which parts of the same ????

Passat CC 7-speed dual clutch

Tiguan 7-speed dual clutch

Audi Q5 S-tronic

Read this especially post # 29 # 30
http://www.myaudiq5....my-dsg-gearbox/

For you information replace the oil in the S-tronic is complicated and requires special tools and procedures

The price of 1 liter of oil for the S-tronic is 19 euros but there are two types that are used for transmission quattro
In the picture number 2 and 3
7 liters and 5 liters total 12 liters

VW, Skoda and Seat only use one type of oil
I think you realize that the Audi premium brand and not using the same parts

·
Banned
801 Posts
Oil price is 19 euros in Germany and should be similar to other countries.
Replacement services related to the cost of labor which is different everywhere

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just got an addition quote for front and rear brake pads. I just know they will be added. they come to £380 in total mostly the labour costs.

I am inclined to let my local India do the basic service, pads etc as the will be about a third of the stealer price.

Guess I am stuck with them doing the oil change when it is due in 4000 miles.

·
Banned
801 Posts
just got an addition quote for front and rear brake pads. I just know they will be added. they come to £380 in total mostly the labour costs.

I am inclined to let my local India do the basic service, pads etc as the will be about a third of the stealer price.

Guess I am stuck with them doing the oil change when it is due in 4000 miles.
To open the rear brake caliper need a vag-com software and cable
It can not do every local basic service

·
Registered
578 Posts
I doubt they will change just pads without the discs - they never seem to!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I do not want to enter into a discussion with you.
Please tell me which parts of the same ????

Passat CC 7-speed dual clutch

Tiguan 7-speed dual clutch

Audi Q5 S-tronic

Read this especially post # 29 # 30
http://www.myaudiq5....my-dsg-gearbox/

For you information replace the oil in the S-tronic is complicated and requires special tools and procedures

The price of 1 liter of oil for the S-tronic is 19 euros but there are two types that are used for transmission quattro
In the picture number 2 and 3
7 liters and 5 liters total 12 liters

VW, Skoda and Seat only use one type of oil
I think you realize that the Audi premium brand and not using the same parts
Blimey, for someone who didn't want to get into a discussion that was one hell of a repost.

I'm off to do something less important!

·
Banned
801 Posts
Same parts, same service, same company - You have written it is, not me. This can be written only by someone who not knows enough cars.

If the above parts of the same then I do not know anything about cars.

Good luck

·
Registered
578 Posts
Also remember that if you take it to VW/Skoda you won't be eligible for an Audi extended warranty after 3 years. I would suspect that they won't have the same systems/knowledge base to apply fixes to recalls or software updates etc. If you want to part ex the car to Audi it will need a full Audi history otherwise they are not interested or will only give you a trade price were they pass it on to an indi.

I'll be keeping my A8 until its 5/6 years old or until I've done 100,000 miles and looking at the maintenance agreement it has to go to Audi for servicing in order to get the years 4 and 5 warranty through Mondial. My employer has had a "work from home mandate" this year, I usually do 20-25k miles a year but this year I've done 5k. The car is 2 years old in a few months and its just done 20k miles, it's due a service at 28k miles and then 38k by the looks of it.

If I owned the car I would take it to Audi for all scheduled maintenance including oil, gearbox, inspection etc - everything else would be done by a good indi (brake pads, discs, tyres, windscreen wipers, battery etc) - Audi prices are too high for these commodity services and I don't trust them that the work actually needs doing. If you look on ebay for OEM parts you can pick up brake pads and discs for £100 or so.

If you are on 20,000 mile service intervals and your brakes have 10k left they will recommend a change. Brakes only last 30k ish so you are losing 1/3 of the life of the product.

A £1000 - £1200 service (inc brakes assuming they need doing) is a crazy sum for a 3 year old car thats done 35k miles.

Lexus really stands out with this stuff - they PUBLISH their standard servicing costs by model, not just for 3 year old cars under 2.0 like Audi - for every car. They publish their extended warranty costs as well, again by model not engine. If I ever go back to owning my own car I'm going to Lexus.

·
Banned
801 Posts
Just a thought , has anyone changed a pollen filter themselves? is it difficult?
Replacement is simple
You have an explanation in PDF attached

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had a quote for the next service on my 170 diesel se which would be 38000 miles from sheffield audi and it was only £264 i only paid £240 for the first service at 20000 miles and that included rotation of the tyres aswell.
Even though the price you have been qouted is silly even if it included additional work for whatever reason it would still be over the top i think you need to ring around and compare against other audi garages.

DCD

1 - 18 of 18 Posts