Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone. Have recently purchased Q5. I have a query about the luggage compartment cover.
As i have a big family, I often have to remove the cover (by detaching the cords) to allow me to store large suitcases etc into the boot. The problem is I do not know where to put it! I try to fold it up and put it in the slot behind the back seats(after moving the back seats down) but the cant put the seats up again.

i do not have storage pack or rear bench seat. does this mean my only option is to leave the cover in my house when i go shopping for large items etc?

ps the cover doesnt just sit flat on the floor of the boot as it is too wide. this is what i did in all my previous cars.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I recall seeing somewhere, maybe the manual, that the cover can be stored behind the rear seats. I'd be surprised if this was a feature of the storage pack but then again I'd be surprised if the car didn't come with a glove box light as standard and we all know that story.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are correct. It says in the manual to move the rear seats down first, then fold and store away the compartment.
The problem is the seat don't click back into place again with the compartment behind them- pretty useless if you have passengers!

Can someone without the storage pack have a try?

(I have a s line special edition with technology hig package and interior light packgae btw)

·
Registered
240 Posts
The rear seats in our Q5 slide forward (just like a front seat). I can fit the cargo cover behind the rear seats as long as I slide it forward a couple of clicks.

If your seat does not slide forward then there is no way you are going to fit the cargo cover back there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts