Audi Q5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm off to the US working for the next month and leaving my baby in the very capable hands of my wife!
She doesn't normally take any notice of warning lights especially the low fuel light, I have never let the tank go below 1/4 full and have never seen the warning.

Is it a light and message saying 'refuel now old chap' or is it a 'refuel now your going to run out and be stranded kind of warning'

When the light comes on in her car she leaves it to get down to vapour level and then takes my car so I have that 'will I won't I' make it to the petrol station game

Happy Days!

Hoggy

·
Super Moderator
1,044 Posts
I'm off to the US working for the next month and leaving my baby in the very capable hands of my wife!
She doesn't normally take any notice of warning lights especially the low fuel light, I never let the tank go below 1/4 full and have never seen the warning.

Is it a light and message saying 'refuel now old chap' or is it a 'refuel now your going to run out and be stranded kind of warning'

When the light comes on in her car she leaves it to get down to vapour level and then takes my car so I have that 'will I won't I' make it to the petrol station game

Happy Days!

Hoggy
It comes on when the tank is down to 50 mile range!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yep ~ the light comes on at approx 50-60Mile range remaining. You also get an audio 'gong' when the light comes on.

Furthermore, I have also discovered that when the range = 0 miles you have approx 5 litres remaining in the tank.

L.

·
Registered
963 Posts
She doesn't normally take any notice of warning lights especially the low fuel light, I have never let the tank go below 1/4 full and have never seen the warning.

Happy Days!

Hoggy
Perhaps you could do a bit of Audi shopping for us all over there

·
Registered
963 Posts
Lol! I think I've spent enough on it for now!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts