Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had the 2022 Q5 or several months now. One thing that periodically bothers me and finally pissed me off now is that most of the times when I start my car, it shows a dialog box telling me that myaudi settings have changed and asking me to either Discard or Apply them.

Over time, I was exploring to see what option I choose would not wipe out the favorites. And I was leaning towards simply clicking on the upper left X of the dialog box. But even that is wiping my favorites. Clicking either Discard or Apply wipes it too. So I'll have to re-add radio stations all over again each time when that happens.

Does anyone know how to deal with this and preserves the favorites?

Thanks,
Brian

· Registered
109 Posts
Hi Brian, Sorry to point out the obvious but you have a new car, I'm sure you could take into the dealer and they would help sort it out for you. Seems like you have a software issue if it keeps doing that.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello I was just going to check to see if anyone successfully resolved the problem. Looks like it is an ongoing issue that isn't resolved yet per my googling. It's hard to show them the problem when it's not reproducible at will.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Richard. The only thing I tried was to change login to guest and then log back in as myself. This is from Googling. But that didn't work for me.

So I'll try these two workarounds and see.

Thanks very much!
Brian

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't get the Settings-Privacy-Activate Privacy workaround to work.

But simply using Guest works for the time being.

This sucks and Audi should reimburse for inconvenience. This has been there since at least 2022.

Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts