Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all, just wanted to say hi after lurking for a few weeks on this extremely useful forum. I am due to hand back my lease Lexus IS220d F-Sport in October after three years of faultless service. Having two dogs, I'm replacing it with something a lot more practical and that's almost certainly going to be a Q5 (pending this weekend's test drive).

I'm looking to order a 2.0 TDi (177) S-Line Plus Steptronic (scuba blue) with only a couple of additional options (Interior light pack, heated front seats, electric folding door mirrors and possible the phone prep - low) by the end of this month - the only thing that would change my mind at this stage is if I find the s-line on 20"s too uncomfortable but I've seen enough threads to make me think it should be okay.

thanks,

Marc

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Welcome!

Let us know how you get on with the test drive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
503 Posts
the only thing that would change my mind at this stage is if I find the s-line on 20"s too uncomfortable but I've seen enough threads to make me think it should be okay.
If you have ever driven the Lexus CT200h then the Q5 on 20's will be like a magic carpet compared.

I am really cranky about ride, but the Q5 on 20's is even better than my previous A3 Sportback on 17's with standard suspension, so I don't think you will have any complaints on that front

·
Banned
842 Posts
Agreed about the ride the 20" is a great compromise on performance and comfort.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just back from the test drive at Audi Glasgow - wasn't the longest drive quick trip around Renfrew but it certainly put my mind at ease regarding the ride (although it was the S-Line on 19s that I ended up testing but from what I've read, I don;t think the 20" wheels will significantly decrease the ride quality). Really liked it, just need to get some figures back from them and take it from there!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Glad you enjoyed it - though you were always likely to as they are great cars!
Look forward to hearing you have placed the order and the full spec you end up going for

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi, I too was very sceptical with the 20's on sline suspension, read varying reports. So decided to test drive, my test car was sline on 19's, nicely surprised on the ride quality so sline plus on order. Here's hoping!
Keep us posted on your order decision.

·
Registered
289 Posts
On 18's and loving it. Just floats along and the roads around here are rubbish, certainly enough to destroy a 20 inch rim in a few months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts