Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

As the title suggests I am seriously considering to buy the Audi Q5. I'm going to have some stupid questions over the next week so forgive me!

To start off I am deciding whether to get the 2.0 TFSI or 3.0 TFSI variant (petrol). I will mostly be using the car to drive around the suburbs and city therefore mostly in traffic with the odd ocassions (perhaps 2-3 a month) on highways. In this scenario am I right in sayign the 2.0 TFSI will suit my needs given I understand the 3L is better suited to those driving more on freeways/motorways?

Should I even be considering the diesel?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Hi,

Why not? I think the diesel engines suit the car and it may have a higher value at trade in time. Also depends on where you are and what the fuel prices are like?

Personally I'd rather have a 3.0 Tdi than a 3.0 TFSI

·
Registered
578 Posts
when you look at the mpg and performance stats on the diesels vs petrols I think the question should be whether you'd consider a petrol rather than a diesel.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Petrol could well be better if the majority of the driving is in the urban environment as the diesel DPF would not have chance to regenerate and that could prove to be expensive in the long term.

·
Still Game
4,615 Posts
You will not get very good fuel consumption from the 2.0TDI for short runs in an urban environment. The 2.0TFSI has better acceleration from a standstill. I would only consider the 3.0TFSI if you really want the performance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,

Why not? I think the diesel engines suit the car and it may have a higher value at trade in time. Also depends on where you are and what the fuel prices are like?

Personally I'd rather have a 3.0 Tdi than a 3.0 TFSI
Hi

I live in Sydney, Australia. Only reason why I am considering petrol over diesel is because diesel is approx 10-12 cents per litre more expensive.

·
Registered
292 Posts
well when you factor in that your putting premium fuel its not cheap fuel. diesel is cheaper ...... 1.60avg vs Diesel 1.50....

i hope you use premium fuel 95 plus at least..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well when you factor in that your putting premium fuel its not cheap fuel. diesel is cheaper ...... 1.60avg vs Diesel 1.50....

i hope you use premium fuel 95 plus at least..
Think I just had a blonde moment (!!) I actually use vpower so diesel actually will be a far cheaper option then

·
Registered
7 Posts
when you look at the mpg and performance stats on the diesels vs petrols I think the question should be whether you'd consider a petrol rather than a diesel.
Is there somewhere you can link me to so I can see the stats on the mpg's between the petrol and diesel variants? I'm not looking for the official one which is disclosed by audi but somewhere which has been tested.

Thanks again

·
Registered
963 Posts
Petrol could well be better if the majority of the driving is in the urban environment as the diesel DPF would not have chance to regenerate and that could prove to be expensive in the long term.
I'm doing fairly low mileage at the moment with the occasional long run. Not had any problems with the DPF over the last 2 years. I have a friend with a Fiat and a DPF who has nothing but grief from it.

·
Still Game
4,615 Posts
The OPs profile, i.e. short urban runs is the profile where the exhaust may not get hot enough to facilitate regeneration and he may have DPF problems.

·
Registered
963 Posts
How about he takes it out for a blast now and then to clean his DPF. It's what I do.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Run them hard, run them mean and they will stay clean, nothing better than a hot smell from a diesel engine that has been worked

Reactions: shireguy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just an update - I've booked a test drive for the Diesel 2.0 TDI this Sunday!

Suffice to say I am pretty excited, I'm sure I will have more questions for the forum once I have spoken to the sales rep and test driven the car.

·
Registered
292 Posts
which audi centre are you booked into ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts