Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wanted to know what are the average waiting times for the q5, I ordered mine in March, am told to expect delivery at the end of nov possibly december, am pretty frustrated, let me know thanks

·
Registered
130 Posts
It depends on the dealers allocation. Sounds like your dealer was out of allocation when he took your order and left it on the pile unable to place the order until he got the next quarters released.

My car is being delivered tomorrow- ordered in May from dealers May allocation.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ordered July and was told from the start delivery will be March 2011
I was happy to wait for a 10.5% discount. If you are waiting long, you should expect more of a discount than the usual 5-6% range.

I am in the UK BTW

Edit: I called the dealer last week & was told the factory accepted the order, but did not allocate a production week yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ordered 20Feb10 have been told week41 delivery still not confirmed on computer, am really pissed off waiting to be honest. Not excited any more, just frustrated

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ordered May 21st and picked it up today, very happy apart from neighbour using electric saw in his driveway which ended up covering my new car with sawdust

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bloody hope so, is soooooo frustrating, especially when i saw a white q5 today just like the one i ordered. the guys who got it quickly, you are so lucky!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
What's your spec Saffa? Mine's Sline SpecEdtion, Daytona Grey 2.0 170 manual. Surely can't be that difficult to put together.....8 months aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What's your spec Saffa? Mine's Sline SpecEdtion, Daytona Grey 2.0 170 manual. Surely can't be that difficult to put together.....8 months aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!
Mine is ibis white, 2.0TDI 170 manual sline, sun roof, tech pack, advanced key, 20" wheels! Not that difficult, but hey we wait......................................................... How economical is yours and the drive? Also what is the power like? Currently i have a 2.0 TDI 143 manual sline A3

·
Registered
44 Posts
I ordered my 170tdi S-Line in April and was promised delivery in September. Delivery now expected in December with a current build week of week 47. I've kicked up a bit of a fuss and, having sold my current vehicle in anticipation, have been provided with an A6 Avant S-Line by Audi UK, foc until the Q5 arrives. This is the Audi "Mobility" programme in action. This suggests that the delivery problems of the Q5 are not just down to slightly unscrupulous dealers but also down to national and international production problems.

As a matter of interest, I have had to provide insurance for the "Mobility" vehicle. This, as you might expect, was not particulary straight forward since I have "no financial interest" in the vehicle. My current insurer couldn't help and a local broker couldn't either. Audi insurance have, however, come up with the goods. The only downside is that I will have to insure the Q5 through them - at least for the current year.

All I have to do now is to find a Christmas stocking to accommodate a Q5!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ed, I too have been provided with an A6 3.0 tdi Allroad until mine arrives I could only insure it as a second car on my wifes insurance. I have had to put my insurance on hold

·
Registered
963 Posts
Well I reckon it won't be much short of 6 months from order to delivery. So their estimate was correct........but they had me worried for a while

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
I wonder what happened to this new super software that they rolled out in July that would allow customers to log in and watch the progress of their order at every stage?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys, just wanted to know what are the average waiting times for the q5, I ordered mine in March, am told to expect delivery at the end of nov possibly december, am pretty frustrated, let me know thanks
Hi I ordered mine end of March just got a call that I can collect from Thursday so will be collecting Friday 1st October 6 months after ordering.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I wonder what happened to this new super software that they rolled out in July that would allow customers to log in and watch the progress of their order at every stage?
2011 with the next tweek of the car

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well done mate you must be chuffed with that, my fingers are crossed mine finally arrives around the same time!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts