Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well where to start.

Last year we paid a deposit of £1000 on a 2nd hand Q5 and were expecting to collect it the next week. The day before pick up we were told the car was no longer avaliable. Long story short they were buying back a customers car who no longer needed it as he was getting a company car and they were then selling it on to me. However they physically didn't have the car and the customer decided to sell elsewhere leaving me without a car as I had sold my old one in anticipation of the Q arriving the next week. After much bemoaning we got a sizeable discount off a new Q5 and it arrived in November 2011.

Our Q is due is first service and we have been tinkering with chopping it for a 3 litre so we arranged with Leeds Audi to borrow a 3 litre Q5 whilst ours was being serviced. Had a phone call from them today to confirm my service which is due tomorrow, I asked if the 3 litre would be there as planned and the woman sounded a little confused, after some rustling around she told me they had no record of our request and anyway we've sold our 3 litre Q5 so there's nothing we can do.

I'm in the process of writing a letter to Leeds Audi which I'll also send to Audi UK. They have no idea of customer service towards someone who has spent £40k with them and who is considering spending another £40-50k on a new car. Needless to say they wont be getting my money ever again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Im afraid to say i think Audi has turned to big too soon,they are sending new models and face lifts out every other week.The customer side of the service has gone down hill over the last 6 years,I really enjoyed the first and second buying experience but when we bought the Q the guy had no idea,he ordered the incorrect spec even tho i asked him several times to check,the answer i got after the 6month wait was well you just have to re order!!! could of slapped him there and then.I think its got worse since then they have a really popular brand and have lost the edge in dealing with people as people and not just sales figures.

Rich

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you are right Rich. I rang them to ask to test drive the facelift 3 litre Q5 and they said we can't source one but you can order one if you like???!!!

Spend £50k without seeing what you are buying? They must think their customers are mad!

(Welcome along by the way)

·
Registered
221 Posts
I think you are right Rich. I rang them to ask to test drive the facelift 3 litre Q5 and they said we can't source one but you can order one if you like???!!!

Spend £50k without seeing what you are buying? They must think their customers are mad!

(Welcome along by the way)
Similar story,

When looking to buy Q5 last year went into Leeds Audi and ended up talking with salesman I used to go to school with. Arranged on the Friday a test drive of an S -tronic they had for sale for the following Monday.

Got a text later to say the car had to go into the body shop and would ring me when it was available.... Still waiting for the call 11 months later!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS

Fitted the Hoens today and very pleased with them

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad you like them mate. Just been in to drop the car off and they seemed to know I was coming and all apologetic. I have got a base model A5 as a loan car. No Bluetooth, no sat nav, no heated seats, no DAB. Makes you realise how little you actually get in an Audi!

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been offered a brand new facelift 3 litre Q5 delivered to our house for the weekend after speaking to the sales manager. Why does it take something like this to happen for you to get what you asked for in the first place?!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts