Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having took delivery of our car this week was a little disappointed to find out the rear number plate light isn't LED. Has anyone fitted an aftermarket LED and where did you source it from?

Cheers

·
Registered
64 Posts
This is something I will be looking into too once I do a bit of research into which are the best non error generating fitings.

I have spent the day tinkering with the car, washing, polishing, waxing, etc. I also planned on upgrading the fogs as I 'liberated' my Hoen white fog bulbs from my S5 before I sold it except I was unable to remove the fog light surround trims. The manual says they should just pull off as they did on my S5 and A5 but these buggers wouldn't budge. Has anyone mnaged to remove the trims without breaking of the securing tabs?

Thanks

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No mate I ordered mine from the US along with my interior bulbs. See my interior LED upgrade thread for details.

·
Registered
7 Posts
any feedback on how bright these lights are? I see some other versions (direct unit replacements) typically are VERY bright, like floodlights.

i'm after something less bright, will the festoon type give me this look?

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine are the festoon bulbs but are still very bright 4 LEDs on each bulb.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ive got 2 LEDS in mine. They're not too bright and look quite smart.

·
Registered
48 Posts
northants mate

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Please can anyone confirm a) these work with no error; and,
how to change these units (no cues I owner's manual
)?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Having took delivery of our car this week was a little disappointed to find out the rear number plate light isn't LED. Has anyone fitted an aftermarket LED and where did you source it from?

Cheers
didn't realise you posted this in Dec 11, my S-Line Plus arrived in Sep 13 with LED number plate lights.

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
1,875 Posts
I think all refresh Q5 models with the new LED headlights will have number plate LEDs.

Reactions: rifleman

·
Registered
795 Posts
I think all refresh Q5 models with the new LED headlights will have number plate LEDs.
now we just need to know if the Internal LED light pack is indeed fully LED?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Correct (for mine) regarding the LED number plate lights - just seen them in the dark for the first time
Interior lights definitely not LED though

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anyone any advice on how to get the number plate bulb housing out? Got a flathead screwdriver in the slot but nothing is budging. Don't want to use too much force and break anything!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Mine are led from the factory. Weird the only thing that's yellow and not led on my Q5 are the fog lights. Not sure if it's worth changing

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
The rear bumper lights are also non-LED. My reversing lights were so poor that I have changed those to LED

·
Registered
18 Posts
Managed to do it. For anyone else who is having the same problem found a diagram on the workshop manuals online. Needs a hell of alot of force and the plastic is not really up to the task of having a flathead screwdriver stuck in it!

link

1 - 20 of 24 Posts