Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Looking to replace my interior lights. Spotted these form UK and these from USofA > Any recommendations? PS: I am not comfortable buying from China.

·
Banned
842 Posts
My interior kit is still going strong (18 months) from tunerdomes but they are USA based. Licence plate bulbs threw an error.

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chopper. I would rather source in the UK if I can. How easy was the install. I seem to recall you posted a write up, but I couldn't find it.

·
Banned
842 Posts

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again for your help. I shall study your post carefully

·
Registered
12 Posts
Try HIDS4U for decent LEDs. If you had a Disco 3 or Disco 4 you could use a club discount code of Disco15, he suggests helpfully.......

Obviously you don't have to have a Land Rover to use the code ;-)

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have used HID4U before for HIDs <LOL> Unfortunately, they don't supply LED interior light kits.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Funny but i was only thinking last night how poor the boot lights are and why weren't they LED. Then i remembered that the interior lights are incandescent and thought why? I suppose most people like a more natural light in the interior as LED white can make you look moor pissed than you are when you stagger out of the boozer and into the car at midnight
only joking

I wonder if any manufacture has a model where every light (except fogs) are LED

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hi, Looking to replace my interior lights. Spotted these form UK and these from USofA > Any recommendations? PS: I am not comfortable buying from China.
Missile I have purchased both items for work (£5k orders) and some stuff for home / personal use and have never had an issue other than the want more business. Just had the SQ5 puddle lights actually made to my design and all is perfect.

I have just purchased a dog coat from a UK company. Its designed and i thought manufactured by a Finnish (Finland) company. I noted i could have brought it far cheaper from a Chinese company but thought i don't want a knock off copy!!!
The label says designed in Finland and manufactured in China! Same product as it turns out

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi wilf, I sometimes think the only things that are still made in the UK are by foreign owned companies?

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Unfortunately, they don't supply LED interior light kits .
Thanks for the link, I was aware they supplied LED bulbs at a price! Don't know the fitments I require and don't feel inclined to search out the info.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Personal experience suggest cheap LEDs tend to fail (fully or in part) quickly and frequently offer an artificial colour that reminds me of kind of lighting usually associated with rail station toilets, hence recommending a site I've used a lot in the past.

Point taken re RTFM failure

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm thinking of giving these a go http://www.ebay.co.u...n-/220966777968

The english grammar is pretty good so hopefully not China based...
I also bought from ebay this set : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SMD-LED-Innenraumbeleuchtung-Audi-Q5-8R-Facelift-Set-22-LEDs-Xenon-weis-/200981269518?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item2ecb6acc0e ....
For the footwell lights used : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271277444816?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
All are 6000k.... I'll post some pics soon

·
Registered
130 Posts
There is a guy on RS246.com that makes his own kits. I had one on my RS4 top quality.

I will PM him to see if he is interested.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
There is a guy on RS246.com that makes his own kits. I had one on my RS4 top quality.

I will PM him to see if he is interested.
If the price is decent I'm interested... I don't need puddle lights tho

Reactions: shenstone1936
1 - 20 of 35 Posts