Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

Quick question - Im just doing my shopping list on the Audi Configurator wesite for a Q5 that I intend to order very soon....And I will be ordering it through www.car-finance.net I think.

Anyway, I wanted to check....according to the Audi site it is showing that the S-Line SE includes leather seats (I think the standard SE comes with leather seats I believe?) - But on any other third party site, when spec'ing up the car with S-Line SE it shows leather as an extra?

Im going to ask the guys at car-finance.net to clarify....but thought I would post here to see if anyone has an idea?

Oh, whilst Im at it.....I have an iPhone, and was planning on having iPod connectivity and bluetooth (but not the full phone prep) - Will I be able to connect my iphone to the car to play music from it as well as use it for the phone via bluetooth?

Any good suggestions on "must haves" as well?

Thanks in advance

Paul

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Paul,

Our SE has the milano leather as standard. You can pay more and go for nappa leather. Don't think this has changed since we had ours back in Jan 2010.

We have the basic bluetooth option as we both have different phones and you can connect your phone by bluetooth to the car and operate it via the MMI. There is no charging option using this method though.
As for playing music there are two options, you could go for the AMI and then you can control the music via the car, or you can use the standard AUX jack in the storage pocket under the armrest, although this method means you have to control the music via the phone/ipod. Most people seem to be singing the praises of the SD card slot for playing music from.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hi Paul,

I ordered my S-Line Special Edition end of Jan (via car-finance.net too) and Milano leather was standard at the time and I believe it still is.

I found the various online brokers configurator's slightly confusing as they tended to have a lot of the no-cost options that come as standard listed as optional. Best bet is to go to a dealer and pick up a brochure or order one online from Audi direct.

I added the colapsible spare based on advice here as at £100 it seemed worthwhile considering it cost hundreds more if you order it retrospectively. Hill Hold Assist seems very reasonable at about £45 too. I would have ordered it myself but at the time I already had my build week scheduled and didn't want to run the risk of losing my slot.

What spec are you considering?

Good luck.
Swainey

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the responses....Swainey you have confirmed what I thought.

I figured the Audi site was going to be 100% correct, but just wanted to be sure.

As for the spec Im looking at - Im going for the 2.0 (170PS) S-Line Special Edition (manual shift) - Would love the 3.0, but my pockets just arent deep enough!

As for other spec....well...colour I havent fully decided yet, the Q5 looks really nice in white, but starting to see a lot of them about and with the lead time ahead Im thinking I might go with something else, my current car is aa A4 Avant S-Line (170ps diesel quattro) in Mauritius Blue - I really like that colour so might go with that, you dont see many Blue Q5's (certainly not in Aberdeen anyway!).

Interior wyse, definately going for the Technology Pack High as SAT Nav is a must have for me due to my work (I retro fitted the RNS-e to my A4) and I dont fancy having to stick something to my windscreen if I get one without....

Cruise Control is a must too - I dont have this in my A4, but my other half does in her A3 and I dont know how Ive managed to live without it for so long.

Other than that, nothing is critical as far as Im concerned as the S-Line SE spec includes pretty much anything else I would have wanted!

Next thing I need to think about is current lead times - anyone got any thoughts on that?

Cheers Again

Paul

·
Registered
294 Posts
Think you'd have to go down the exclusive route to get Mauritius. Deep Sea is the only blue on the Audi configurator at the moment. Also I've read on some of the US forums this has been replaced by Moonlight for the 2012 model.

Tech pack low also includes Sat Nav. It's DVD based as opposed to the hard-drive based high pack but is about £500 cheaper in case you weren't aware.

Regarding delivery I think you'll be looking at September at the earliest mate.

·
Registered
963 Posts
You should also consider the interior lighting pack

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well....its been a while, but I confirm I finally got round to it and as of 2 weeks ago my Q5 is now on order - I took a bit longer with negotiating between the third party brokers and Audi dealers across the country!

Interestdingly, not one of the Scottish dealers would offer me a discount at first....But as soon as I went sounth of the border I started getting some discount offers, the best only reaching £1850 off list.

I was very nearly about to place the order with the dealer down south and my local dealer called me up and enquired if I was still looking and whether I had bought anything yet....After explaining the situation and sending them a copy of the best discount quote they went away for a day and came back to say they couldn't match the same level of discount and could only go to £1500 off list, but that they would offer me a price for my car now, and fix it at that price (even if the delivery of the Q5 takes 6 months...or longer!) - Needless to say I had done my homework on the value of my current car and I would have been stupid to turn them down!

So, its ordered....as for the spec....Well, here we go!
Audi Q5 (Duh!) 2.0L 170PS Manual S-line SE
All the SE equipment and upgrades, including Full Milano leather, B&O sounds, Bluetooth Prep etc....
Pearl Black
Black Styling Pack
Tech Pack High
Tyre Pressure Sensors
Collapsable Spare Wheel
Cruise Control
Privacy Glass

Cant wait

Regards

Paul

·
Banned
842 Posts
Well....its been a while, but I confirm I finally got round to it and as of 2 weeks ago my Q5 is now on order - I took a bit longer with negotiating between the third party brokers and Audi dealers across the country!

Interestdingly, not one of the Scottish dealers would offer me a discount at first....But as soon as I went sounth of the border I started getting some discount offers, the best only reaching £1850 off list.

I was very nearly about to place the order with the dealer down south and my local dealer called me up and enquired if I was still looking and whether I had bought anything yet....After explaining the situation and sending them a copy of the best discount quote they went away for a day and came back to say they couldn't match the same level of discount and could only go to £1500 off list, but that they would offer me a price for my car now, and fix it at that price (even if the delivery of the Q5 takes 6 months...or longer!) - Needless to say I had done my homework on the value of my current car and I would have been stupid to turn them down!

So, its ordered....as for the spec....Well, here we go!
Audi Q5 (Duh!) 2.0L 170PS Manual S-line SE
All the SE equipment and upgrades, including Full Milano leather, B&O sounds, Bluetooth Prep etc....
Pearl Black
Black Styling Pack
Tech Pack High
Tyre Pressure Sensors
Collapsable Spare Wheel
Cruise Control
Privacy Glass

Cant wait

Regards

Paul
Congrats on your order Paul, I'm looking at ordering a very similar spec in the not to distant future. Do you know what level the bluetooth system is you get with the S-Line SE Spec?

Cheers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Chopper,

To be honest, Im not 100% certain.....I would suggest you get a wee look at the Pricing and specification guide available here

http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/audi/production/PDF/PriceAndSpecGuides/q5.pdf

It should give you all the detail you should need, personally, all I need is a straight forward Bluetooth connection that my phone will connect to (I have heard that I may be able to use the Bluetooth for playing music through the car stereo off my iPhone???)

For info as well....just been advised by my dealer that my build week is estimated to be week 41....with delivery times estimated to be up to 4 weeks after that....so I won't see my new Q5 till some time in November....not fussed though...as I said before, the dealer has offered a fixed price for my current car....so, their loss :-D....but thought I'd let you know what to expect.

From what I hear/read, build slots/deliveries are dependant on what kit you put in the car as well...some toys mean you will have a longer wait than others!

Cheers

Paul

·
Banned
842 Posts
Hi Chopper,

To be honest, Im not 100% certain.....I would suggest you get a wee look at the Pricing and specification guide available here

http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/audi/production/PDF/PriceAndSpecGuides/q5.pdf

It should give you all the detail you should need, personally, all I need is a straight forward Bluetooth connection that my phone will connect to (I have heard that I may be able to use the Bluetooth for playing music through the car stereo off my iPhone???)

For info as well....just been advised by my dealer that my build week is estimated to be week 41....with delivery times estimated to be up to 4 weeks after that....so I won't see my new Q5 till some time in November....not fussed though...as I said before, the dealer has offered a fixed price for my current car....so, their loss :-D....but thought I'd let you know what to expect.

From what I hear/read, build slots/deliveries are dependant on what kit you put in the car as well...some toys mean you will have a longer wait than others!

Cheers

Paul
As long as it is a basic bluetooth system thats all I need, got a wedding to pay for first then order the Q. The question is when, I really like the idea of the Sline SE but I wonder when the facelift is coming and whether to hold on for that, there seems to be some rumours around September next year but not sure if I can wait that long! Currently drive a focus ST and struggling to get our collie and german shepard in the back! Plus petrol costs are getting silly for it as opposed to what I could achieve in the Q. Decisions decisions!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As long as it is a basic bluetooth system thats all I need, got a wedding to pay for first then order the Q. The question is when, I really like the idea of the Sline SE but I wonder when the facelift is coming and whether to hold on for that, there seems to be some rumours around September next year but not sure if I can wait that long! Currently drive a focus ST and struggling to get our collie and german shepard in the back! Plus petrol costs are getting silly for it as opposed to what I could achieve in the Q. Decisions decisions!
Collie and a german shepherd! You had a good look at the size of the boot in a Q5? I've got a collie/lab x and defo won't have any issues there, but I would suggest you check out the boot size
.....granted, it will defo be bigger than a focus though!

·
Banned
842 Posts
Haha yeah the collie is a x Shepard as well so we are gluten for punishment! The ST has a smaller boot than a standard focus due to the exhaust box and a space saver. The Q will have plenty of room for them I'm sure!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Haha yeah the collie is a x Shepard as well so we are gluten for punishment! The ST has a smaller boot than a standard focus due to the exhaust box and a space saver. The Q will have plenty of room for them I'm sure!
I have 3 italian spinones (gundog - pointer size) and I ordered the rear bench option as it slides forward allowing a little more depth to the boot (we have no kids so not worried about the back seat passengers. I previously had an A6 and with the rear bench, the only difference in size is approximately 10 cm of depth the other demensions are virtually identical to the A6 give or take a few mm.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have 3 italian spinones (gundog - pointer size) and I ordered the rear bench option as it slides forward allowing a little more depth to the boot (we have no kids so not worried about the back seat passengers. I previously had an A6 and with the rear bench, the only difference in size is approximately 10 cm of depth the other demensions are virtually identical to the A6 give or take a few mm.
Nice - thanks for that (my sister's neighbour has Spinones - they are very nice dogs!)

·
Banned
842 Posts
I'll bear that in mind when we are ordering, how much is the rear bench option?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts