Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Q5 is only three weeks old and already the leather seat side bolsters on the sports seats are scuffed and the stiching is fraying !

Has anyone had this problem? If its like that now, it will be dreadful after a year.

I am a slim woman, not a heavy man.

What should I do about this?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hi JandL,

I'm not sure there is much you can do tbh. You could complain to your dealer but I think you might have difficulty in proving the leather/stitching is defective and should be replaced under warranty.

Good luck if that's the course you decide on though.

·
Super Moderator
1,046 Posts
My Q5 is only three weeks old and already the leather seat side bolsters on the sports seats are scuffed and the stiching is fraying !

Has anyone had this problem? If its like that now, it will be dreadful after a year.

I am a slim woman, not a heavy man.

What should I do about this?
I would go back to the dealer straight away and if you dont get any luck go to Audi Uk.the longer you leave it the harder it may be.

Rich

·
Registered
9 Posts
Most cars with sports type seat suffer from this. Audi is probably one of the worst. I have the same prom with my R8 and wife's TT. Both were replaced under warranty. The cars only done 3k and 8k respectively. The TT forum has a sticky on their forum for this and saggy seats issue.

Thanks

·
Registered
963 Posts
Which leather JandL

I've got the fine nappa and haven't had the problem in the last 6 months.

If I were you, if you haven't already done it by now, I'd get a warranty claim in and have new seats fitted.

·
Registered
18 Posts
As stated, go back to the dealer and DOCUMENT it well...
photos, clear listings of service requests, dated, etc...

Audi should take care of you, but that documentation is priceless..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts