Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just after going away last week i noticed a stain / tide mark on the carpet in the drivers footwell after removing the mat. Sure enough it was soaking wet.

Doesn't smell of anything and after a 1000 mile round trip there have been no mechanical problems.

Anyone had similar issue or any ides on cause..... no obvious signs under bonnet.

Also whilst away I contacted Audi Bradford to book it in upon my return and asked for a courtesy car whilst they had mine.

The earliest I could have a car was 3 weeks away !!!!!! (Ok if you're booking a service in advance but when it's for a fault I think that's ridiculous and i also understand they allow you ten miles and then charge for every extra mile).

I just read Auto Express and saw Audi languishing in the low twenties for many areas of customer satisfaction......... not at all surprised.

·
Still Game
4,617 Posts
Some dealers are better than others. A point worth remembering when choosing where to buy. I always value service higher than saving a pound or two on the price.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Interesting point Missile. Pg220, did you buy your car from Bradford Audi?

I booked my A7 in for waranty job and was offered a courtessy car without asking for one. I bought my A7 from the same dealer as the service work.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Leeds Audi, (part of same Sytner group) are doing the work next week !!!!

The service guy couldn't have been more helpful. He booked me a courtesy car for two days, asked if I wanted to watch the free health inspection and receive the footage of any faults or issues.He checked if it was OK for them to wash and vac and would I like the two software updates doing. (Power steering and Add Blue)

When I'm buying a £40,000 Audi that's the level of service I expect, regardless of where I bought it.

PS

I gave both dealers the option of my business first, the few pounds difference was over a £1000

Shabazmo

I bought it from Macclesfield Audi

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Leeds - oh dear. i'm saying no more..
Indeed, where my long and troubled search for a new Audi began over 15 months ago.

Doesn't this speak volumes about Audi in general when there exists so many different opinions relating to overall customer satisfaction, even at the same dealership?

I also have a Skoda VRS which I didn't buy locally. For the last three years I have had nothing but excellent service from both the Leeds and Bradford Skoda dealers.

Audi would do well to learn a lesson from their stablemates.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Was it an A/C evaporator hose issue? Known installation probs in A5s... Interested in what they found!

·
Banned
842 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JamminQ5.

They tell me it's a leaking / blocked drain channel from the AC unit. As it has left a tide mark on the carpet they are replacing those as well.

Chopper

As I've said before I first tried to buy from here 15 months ago (from a lad I went to school with) and got very poor service.

I have to say, so far the service regarding the fault has been first class. New A5 Coupe S-line waiting for me on arrival, courtesy call the day before to confirm my requirements, prompt update on fault found. As carpets have to be ordered they will have to keep the car for about a week very apologetic and asked if I was happy to keep the A5 until mine was ready.

What pisses me off is the lack of consistency on customer care between dealers and even at the same dealership.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts