Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking oredr a Q5 and was told that it would be October delivery for a Q5. This seems very long. Can anyone who has just taken deleiver tell me what their lead time was.
Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ordered a Q5 SLine plus about 2.5 weeks ago. I have been told by the dealer it will be built in week 31 with a September delivery. The car is also for my wife and it seems I am more excited about the new car than she is 😀

·
Registered
289 Posts
the lead time varies with the demand - trying another dealer will do nothing to help with that. As an example when I first looked into a Q5 just after Christmas lead time was 7 weeks by the time I ordered a few days later it was 10 weeks. 14 to 16 weeks or even longer is quite normal at this time of year.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ordered mid April. 16 week wait, elected to collect in Sept on new plate.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Some dealers pre-order cars with no owners - if you find a dealer with an order they can change that order to match your spec and this can drop the order time to as low 6 weeks. (Or a canceled order). The other option, if you are not bothered about a fixed spec, try Audinow.co.uk (this is a UK dealer group - i don't recall which one). These are built cars READY to go/on shipment NOW. i see 5 Q5s on there inc an SQ5 in Estoril. You can over an above this website speak with your local dealer as to unallocated stock on the system, these are UK cars with no owner so to speak and see if any of those match your requirements/wants.

Looking at the various posts from people ordering SQs the dates between dealers can vary massively.
You lose nothing but the time it takes for a phone call. example above from pangit is dead in the middle of the 12-14 weeks. (this is pretty normal for Audis). You wont get much less than this on cars built to order.

Hope that helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts