SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Those wheels so suit that car,realy look good 😄

Reactions: jathanas

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to the both of you. I'm very satisfied with the way the window tint and the matte black wheels complement the lava grey. It all came together pretty well!

I think the wheels fill the arches almost perfectly for my tastes. I understand that it might be too much for some.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No worries mate. I'm certainly not expecting the entire forum to love it.

My SQ5 is a little... extravagant; it's not likely to please the Audi drivers amongst us that prefer "understated elegance".

·
Registered
62 Posts
They look amazing. The stock SQ5 kit is subtle. I like that. But I also like it when a performance model really looks like a performance model and I think your wheels take it there.

Overall, great choice on wheel style, size and color, and probably in that order of importantance. To wit, I think a titanium/gray or silver version of those style wheels in that size would look good with the Lava too. What make and model are the wheels?

Given the US model rides even higher, I definitely bookmarked this page. Post back when you have some observations about the ride quality vs. whatever you had previously.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
The lava looks realy metallic in those pic,realy sets lava off well 😄

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks big residual. The wheels are XO Caracas, a bit pricey but hey, it's an AUDI.

A lighter color 22" rim might dominate the overall proportion in contrast with the matte black i.e. all you'd see is the massive wheels!

I'll be posting more about the ride comfort in the coming days. There's less sidewall there so I'm expecting a less cushy ride. So far it seems perfectly acceptable to me, but my previous car, an X5, had a stiff ride as well.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Nice to finally c a sq on 22's, that combo is seriously aggressive ,u puting running boards on ?😄

·
Registered
814 Posts
Yep, lovely car but wheels just too big for my taste.
Must surely be a hard ride on those..no air under you?

·
Registered
19 Posts
The ride is firm but much less so than you'd imagine. It's not too different to the SQ5 on 21"s and series 40 tires... i.e. 255/40-21" is not that different to 265/35-22" which I'm running...

I find that the 22" wheels fill the arches very nicely, but each to theirs! I'm enjoying driving an "aggressive" SQ5.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
The ride is firm but much less so than you'd imagine. It's not too different to the SQ5 on 21"s and series 40 tires... i.e. 255/40-21" is not that different to 265/35-22" which I'm running...

I find that the 22" wheels fill the arches very nicely, but each to theirs! I'm enjoying driving an "aggressive" SQ5.
I agree jsthanus bout ride,I've always had 22's on all my jeeps and never found the ride to hard,and I do think the side runners would finish your aggressive look,and give a appearance of being lower í ½í¸„

·
Registered
814 Posts
Agree with the boards, this is mine, improves the look even on standard 20" I think

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys, I much appreciate the advice. I've always had running boards on my SUVs so the temptation is there.
I'm also enjoying the look of the car as it is.

To running board or not to running board, that my fellow Audi Q5 drivers, is the question!

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Thanks guys, I much appreciate the advice. I've always had running boards on my SUVs so the temptation is there.
I'm also enjoying the look of the car as it is.

To running board or not to running board, that my fellow Audi Q5 drivers, is the question!
I c uve got pirelis on those 22's, I find they wear way to quick on the sq, I usually use toyo on 22's, and get 25k miles out of them í ½í¸„

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah the Pirellis will wear out quick.
It's the price of running soft compound tires.

Do you find that the Toyos run quiet and handle well SQ-Beast?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts