Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a '14 Q5 with full S-line package in Lava Grey....the dealer didn't have one on the lot but he knew we wanted a dark grey/charcoal color. We looked at a few pics and Lava Grey seems to fit the bill, but, now looking on-line at other pics it seems to almost be a really dark brown?!?!? Is it truely a dark grey or is there any brown what so ever in it?

·
Still Game
4,617 Posts
You really need to look at a car in the metal before committing to buy. Lava grey is a popular colour so should be able to fing one if not at your dealer, maybe you can find a.n.other second hand model at your dealer or near by?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not an available color in the USA on the Q5 until '14, so there's none at the dealers. Guess I can try to track down a Q7 in the same color.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The dealer must have a paint sample. FWIW I don't think it looks brown.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya some pics it's looks perfect, dark grey/charcoal, but some pics in a different light almost looks like a touch of dark brown. I've found other pics people have taken and it looks like its what I want.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just ordered a '14 Q5 with full S-line package in Lava Grey....the dealer didn't have one on the lot but he knew we wanted a dark grey/charcoal color. We looked at a few pics and Lava Grey seems to fit the bill, but, now looking on-line at other pics it seems to almost be a really dark brown?!?!? Is it truely a dark grey or is there any brown what so ever in it?
Have you looked at Daytona grey ? This was my preferred choice as same colour as showroom model the dealer had so 100% happy knowing I have seen it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I had my A4 in lava grey and would choose the colour again but went for a change with the Q5 (Daytona).

I prefer it to metallic black as being pearlescent, it has much more depth. Definitely doesn't look brown, although it does have red flecks in the pearl.

Being a really dark colour, I had to be really fastidious with cleaning the car (i.e. getting the valeter round every fortnight) and getting rid of bird poo or sap immediately.

You definitely need to see a sample / another vehicle in the flesh before committing. My A4 is on my valeter's website with high res photos if that helps a bit.

http://provalserv.com/galleries.php...ioxMDQ0MmQ4YWMyMzg2ZDI3YzNkZjkwNmQ2YzUzODIyMQ

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome, appreciate everyone's responses....Stevew, love that A4!

·
Registered
334 Posts
What do you mean 'paint correction'?
when i got the car home from the dealers the car was covered in swirls and hologram(can only see these in direct sunlight) after a full machine polish by someone who knew what he was doing they were all gone. The paint was then cleaned and re sealed. Hence the shine. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First timer, almost ready to pull the trigger on a Q5 P+.
love the Lava grey, can anyone confirm if this color will be available in Canada?

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I thought you could already get it in Canada? Special order maybe?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Adamabz, Which wheels do you have. I cant recall seeing them on the Audi brochure. Ah, Just realised SQ5 only

1 - 20 of 31 Posts